Confectionery you lust for.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

WayneKerr

Almost forgot... Belgian chocolates! My last job had me travelling to Holland on a regular basis and I would always stop-by Adinkerke on the return journey to stock-up on chocs and booze :)

Last edited:

Samd

Alost forgot... Belgian chocolates! My last job had me travelling to Holland on a regular basis and I would always stop-by Adinkerke on the return journey to stock-up on chocs and booze :)
You can never remember a lost forgot! Belgian frites, slightly off topic, but best there is by far - lived less than a hundred yards from a fritter for a few years - yummmy!!

Quadrophonic.4Ever

Feb 22, 2024
Visit site
I'd like to take this opportunity to purge some of my rage at the discontinuation of the greatest cookie creation in the history of the universe: Flaky Flix.

00027800000627-zUZJZiyASoFQHA-0_s500.jpg

This indescribably incredible confection was a sure sign that humanity was on the right path, when suddenly, they vanished.

I've been a shell of a man ever since.
I'll second that.
In a different way, I used to enjoy almost all forms of sweets and chocolates, as well as the odd drop of Alcohol (maybe not so much a drop, because I turned into an alcoholic, thus since 1978, I haven't partaken of that ever since) As for confectionary, if I could get my hands on it, I ate it.

That's why I wish to second your anguish, at the rage I have against myself, for being too overindulgent in anything sweet.

I used to think the Dr's had made a huge mistake, when they insisted I MUST take Insulin, and reduce my sugar intake, which I sort of did, (between sessions of over-indulgence)

I must confess though, that when I woke up in hospital recently, to see?
Nothing.
My lower left leg & foot had "vanished".

I was oh so angry at my stupid decisions to eat sweets, when told not too.
As, even though they persist in making ill-fitting prosthetics
I can't force myself to wear them as they are way too painful, and I don't have any balance on the false leg
(I'm onto my 6th now, in just under a year. And I can't walk on the latest one for more than 2 hours, before I am forced to remove it, and am restricted once again, in a wheelchair).

Hence why I agree.

I too, have been a shell of what I used to be.
(although - I'd like to try one of those "Flaky Flix" bars.?)

Last edited:
Reactions: DougK1

Quadrophonic.4Ever

Feb 22, 2024
Visit site
I'd like to take this opportunity to purge some of my rage at the discontinuation of the greatest cookie creation in the history of the universe: Flaky Flix.

00027800000627-zUZJZiyASoFQHA-0_s500.jpg

This indescribably incredible confection was a sure sign that humanity was on the right path, when suddenly, they vanished.

I've been a shell of a man ever since.
I have though, found something that may "tilt" that craving over the edge again...
A world wide petition, to Mother's Cookies, to bring the Flaky Flix "back".

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
I remember getting sweets from a jar, nowadays health and safety doesn't allow that unless it's packaged.
Somehow pick n mix is still a thing though. Strange how that gets a pass.

I worked in Woolworths for years- can promise everyone the big bags of sweets being managed by 16 year-olds weren’t always properly closed up in dusty stockrooms. Not to mention; I don’t actually remember cleaning the tubs & scoops when I was working full-time during holidays from college.

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Has anybody looked into the size debate ??

I fondly remember chocolate bars being much bigger back in the early 90s.
It seems everyone thinks that chocolate bars were bigger in times past, usually in their childhood
The people I've spoken to mainly friends when sat wanting the chocolate bar they are eating to get bigger think they are at their all time smallest size ever now.

The truth however isn't as expected.

My partner wants the Texan bar back mainly for prompting sentimental childhood memories, me I want the many unknown bars of chocolate and sweets I can never seem to remember the name of.
Isn't that the way though, we get hold of something we really really like them it disappears before its name can be committed to memory.

I liked the original "bruiser bars" that I would buy for 10 p at school that now taste totally different having all the sugar etc pulled out.

I loved "desperate Dan" bars too which are different now.

That's my my gripe they change things irreparably usually 😢

It's rare I hear people say they like the new version of a said treat.
I do however hear people in general lament over how things used to taste and how much more they got.

Reactions: DougK1
Somehow pick n mix is still a thing though. Strange how that gets a pass.

I worked in Woolworths for years- can promise everyone the big bags of sweets being managed by 16 year-olds weren’t always properly closed up in dusty stockrooms. Not to mention; I don’t actually remember cleaning the tubs & scoops when I was working full-time during holidays from college.
Yes, but those pick n mix sweets, all the ones I've seen, have wrappers. Never seen loose squares of 🍫 or anything unwrapped. As Woolworth closed down well over a decade ago....

TRENDING THREADS