Con or a good spend?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

[quote user="Will Harris"]it would make most sense for us to ignore the rude swine[/quote]

Anyone else see the irony?

A

Anonymous

"How do superconductors work?"

Well, as you cool the conductor down, it shrinks. The inter-atomic spacing decreases. Superconductivity is acheived when the interatomic spacing becomes smaller than the mean free path of the free electron gas inside the conductor. So they can travel between two atoms with no resistance.

There is more too it than that as I understand that the electrons also start behaving differently, something about pairing but I didn't study superconductivity at uni.

"I am a bit biased as I use Townshend Isolda cable. While I can't say if the DCT has improved it, I can testify (blind test as well) to the sonic superiority over every cables me and my friends have."

well, makes me wonder why things like this aren't treated before purchase. I mean amplifiers and such it might be difficult for, but interconnects.. just dunk by the cartload, surely. That's gotta bring the price down.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Zoot Horn Rollo"]
[quote user="Anton90125"]I noticed a similar revelation when one of my friends used speaker litz cable as interconnect. Previous to that the best interconnect I had heard was some cable, which was free with a Sony CDP555es CD player in the late 80's. This was a £1000 player with a free £50/meter interconnect. The litz DIY cable came 95%-99% close to that.[/quote]

So maybe low capacitance could be the key to a good interconnect. Interesting. Perhaps low capacitance coax cable?

[/quote]

Low capacitance is *very* important to a good interconnect because it will introduce a frequency dependant phase shift in the waveform.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Mr_Poletski"]makes me wonder why things like this aren't treated before purchase. I mean amplifiers and such it might be difficult for, but interconnects.. just dunk by the cartload, surely[/quote]

I suspect it's because it doesn't actually do anything. Or am I being cynical?
emotion-5.gif

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Zoot Horn Rollo"]I suspect it's because it doesn't actually do anything. Or am I being cynical? [/quote]

oldphrt??...Is that you mate?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts