Computer says no.

podknocker

I would like to know why many websites don't work these days. They make a change and it seems nobody actually tests the website after messing about with it. I've not been able to go to the checkout on Sainsbury's for over a week now. I called their tech support and they have thousands of people complaining. I went to the downdetector site and this confirmed the website issues, for over a week! Richer Sounds has also gone wrong. I choose a category, such as wireless streamers and the list of devices and pictures no longer appears. I wish they would leave stuff alone. Al Ears posted a link to the new Heybrook speaker page on this site and this looks like a snowstorm, just a blank white page. I've been using the internet for nearly 25 years and worked for many ISPs. I clear cookies on all my browsers and do all the basic stuff helpdesks ask you to try etc. I'm fed up with the internet these days. Navigating some websites is a nightmare sometimes, that's if they load at all. Modern technology. Can we have some?

Last edited:
I would like to know why many websites don't work these days. They make a change and it seems nobody actually tests the website after messing about with it. I've not been able to go to the checkout on Sainsbury's for over a week now. I called their tech support and they have thousands of people complaining. I went to the downdetector site and this confirmed the website issues, for over a week! Richer Sounds has also gone wrong. I choose a category, such as wireless streamers and the list of devices and pictures no longer appears. I wish they would leave stuff alone. Al Ears posted a link to the new Heybrook speaker page on this site and this looks like a snowstorm, just a blank white page. I've been using the internet for nearly 25 years and worked for many ISPs. I clear cookies on all my browsers and do all the basic stuff helpdesks ask you to try etc. I'm fed up with the internet these days. Navigating some websites is a nightmare sometimes, that's if they load at all. Modern technology. Can we have some?
Strange you have found issues with the Heybrook site. It appears only you have this issue.

Reactions: DougK1

abacus

Heybrook & Richer Sounds work great, the Sainsburys site requires you to log in to access the checkout, so cannot test that but the rest of the site works fine.

I use Win 11 and Edge; however, I also have Chrome & Firefox, and they work fine as well.

Make sure you have the latest updates for your OS (If you are on Win 11, DO NOT upgrade to 24H2 as it is causing a lot of problems), Security and browser.

Bill

Timbot

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes this can be due to a cache issue where your web browser stores older versions of the website so it no longer meshes with what is actually now there.

You could try accessing these sites using private browsing / incognito mode and see if you still get the issue. If its all working fine with those then try clearing your cache and see if that sorts it.

podknocker

It's sorted. Clearing the cache didn't work. I use Firefox most of the time and rarely use Edge. Edge is now working OK with all sites and I have no idea why it was giving me issues. Firefox is now working after changing the browsing option from strict to standard. I don't mess around with this so all I can guess is that a recent Firefox update somehow changed the settings. It's worrying if this can happen at random and I will be checking after every update now. I didn't think of this setting because I never change it. I'd been getting 'secure connection failed' with many sites using Firefox, but these sites eventually loaded after several attempts. I got the issue on my Windows 10 laptop and my Windows 11 PC and looks like it's since they got the latest Firefox version. Crackers. I'm still getting 'secure connection failed' but sites do load OK after a few tries. Thanks to abacus for the update warning. It will need updating at some point, so hopefully when I get another version update from 23H2 it will be patched already. The checkout option on Sainsbury's has been faulty for a week now. They must be losing millions of pounds with this issue. I get the same with both browsers and devices. Downdetector still shows they still have checkout problems. I've only used them once recently, because they stock many items I can't get elsewhere. It looks like I'm back to Morrisons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Messiah and DougK1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts