Complete novice needs help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought a new TV - don't ask me why but I thought I needed Sky at the same time. Now I find that I never watch any of the channels except the ones I think I can get on Freeview. I do like the ability to video programmes and put the series link on though.

Questions

1. What channels can I get on Freeview?

2. Do other providers have the series link feature?

3. Is it possible to get BBC I-Player through the TV?

4. I am paying for Sky (£19pm) and for broadband and telephone (£25) seperately - should I get a package?

5. What is catch-up TV?

6. What are the other things I should be asking/considering????

A

Anonymous

1. What channels can I get on Freeview?

Check on www.freeview.co.uk. It will depend on what reception is like in your area. Enter your postcode on the Freeview site, and it will give you a computer prediction.

2. Do other providers have the series link feature?

Some Freeview PVRs do. I think you need to have a Freeview+ PVR. In my experience, it can be flaky. Last week The Inbetweeners recorded for just 34 seconds! This is not uncommon, I find, on the 'niche' channels. Not all channels offer series link, however.

3. Is it possible to get BBC I-Player through the TV?

Not that I'm aware. You can with FreeSAT.

4. I am paying for Sky (£19pm) and for broadband and telephone (£25) seperately - should I get a package?

?

5. What is catch-up TV?

iPlayer and equivalent services from Sky, ITV, C4 etc.

6. What are the other things I should be asking/considering????

?

(I have assumed you want to know about Freeview, and that is what my answers refer to.)

A

Anonymous

if you have a 12 month contract then your tied in to this you cant cancel till the 12months are over.

as for you internet /phone join sky talk, the line rental is £11 permonth internet basic package is free of charge or unlimited internet for £5 either way you will be saving a lot of money than paying £25 per month with your current provider.

there are so many programmes on sky not sure why you only watch the freeview ones???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts