combining a Yamaha 1900 with an arcam stereo amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I want to connect the yamy to the arcam and use it for movies, and the arcam for music. Can anyone give me a couple of pointers on how to connect it. I also have an arcam power amp aswell if this can be factored in then great. I have been cable swapping but think there has to be a better way.

thanks, I

A

Anonymous

Hi, pre out on the amp to the power amp Left/right in. biwired speakers from both into the b&w 684's

John Duncan

Actually, ignore me, I don't think that matters. Take the front left and right pre-outs from the Yamaha to a spare input on the Arcam. Search the forum for "pre-outs" and you should find several lengthy explanations.

Some Arcam amps have a special unity gain input specially designed for the purpose, which saves you faffing with volume levels on the Arcam when you want to watch movies. Which one is it?

John Duncan

In which case it has a special 'processor mode' which turns the tape input into a unity gain input. This means that - as far as I can tell from the Arcam manual (page 10) - you can set that mode on, plug the preouts from the Yamaha into the tape input, run the Yamaha's automatic setup tone routine again, and you should be done.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts