Combination of Denon AVR 2310 and Marantz PM 7003 - Will I benefit?

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I guess all the time spent in knowing the products is helping me finally. I got a great deal (I hope so) today in buying Denon 2310 (for 348 Euros (MSRP 899 Euros) but the catch is I had to buy a 16" TV for 129 Euros which I hope to sell on ebay for around 80 Euros) and there is a Marantz PM 7003 available for a very good price too (300 Euros - (MSRP 550 Euros), I can understand if these prices are not easily comprehensible when compared to the Pounds pricing ). My plan is to use the Preout of Front L & R of the AVR to the stereo AVR and force the stereo amp to the Amp Direct mode all the time. I am hoping that this will give the extra benefit of Hi-Fi to music.

Compared to the amps in the Denon would I get any substantial benefit by putting the stereo amp in the setup?

I have already paid for the AVR and I will be picking up the kit tomorrow. I need some inputs on Marantz Stereo Amp by tomorrow, hopefully, so that I can get everything in one go.

Please advice!

A

Anonymous

i recently connected a nad c326bee to my yamaha rxv765s preouts , stereo music is much better in every way ....

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks alot maxflinn.. That is very encouraging and I am hoping it would have that effect! Marantz PM 7003 seems to have more power in specs than nad c326bee and so I hope to see a more pronounced appreciation!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have my Marantz PM7003 connected to my Onkyo 806.

Here are the benefits:

- Delivers a punchier, tighter and more dynamic performance

- Vocals have fresh intimacy and emotion

- Better detail and separation

- Bass notes have added texture and strength

- Controlled, robust, revealing sound.

Finally, the Amp direct mode for operation as power amplifier only (for bi-amp mode or extension of A/V-Receiver) is an added bonus for the pm7003.

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
What if you have a preamp/poweramp setup? Which one do you connect to the AV receiver and will you get the benefits from both the poweramp and preamp, or just from one of them?

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks liujol.

I have got both and integrated them. They are still fresh so sounding a little harsh at the moment but the separation is instantly noticeable.

I kind of feel guilty for Marantz PM 7003 as I am using it as only a Power Amp.

Also, since I am planning to use it only as a Power amp in near future, I am still wondering a step up in the AVR itself to say 3310 / 4310 provide better benefit when compared to putting a moderately powered Integrated stereo amp.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Chokobolt:What if you have a preamp/poweramp setup? Which one do you connect to the AV receiver and will you get the benefits from both the poweramp and preamp, or just from one of them?

The preamp, using its Home Theater Bypass function.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Chokobolt:What if you have a preamp/poweramp setup? Which one do you connect to the AV receiver and will you get the benefits from both the poweramp and preamp, or just from one of them?

The preamp, using its Home Theater Bypass function.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts