Coax or optical

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys I have just purchased a Beresford dac and was wanting some opinions on which would be the best way to conect it to my cd player. Im using a cheap coax cable at the moment but would upgrade to a more expensive coax or optical cable. What would be the best way? I must add that even just using the cheap coax cable the difference in my system is amazing! I was suffering from a very bright sounding system and there was a post a few weeks back about this. Using the Beresford has given me a much more natural sound! Fantastic little dac!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that fr0g

I might still try a £20-£30 quid shot coax cable, just to make sure I'm getting the best from the dac.

A

Anonymous

Yes I'm sure I read that somewhere aswel.

I will get the one that Stan supplies.

Cracking dac though, I was amazed by the differance in the sound.

How much of a differance did you hear fr0g?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
[quote user="benwar101"]
I might still try a £20-£30 quid shot coax cable, just to make sure I'm getting the best from the dac.[/quote]
Coax is definitely the way to go. For your budget, something like the Atlas Element (£30) or QED Performance Digital Audio (£30) would work well.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="fr0g"][quote user="benwar101"]Yes I'm sure I read that somewhere aswel.

I will get the one that Stan supplies.

Cracking dac though, I was amazed by the differance in the sound.

How much of a differance did you hear fr0g?[/quote]

Strangely, very small difference through my Arcam Alpha 7SE, but it transforms the sound from both the laptop and PS3 via optical. I need to do more testing though, since I recently had a major speaker upgrade(from MS902Sig to Dali Ikon 6), which would certainly highlight any improvement better.[/quote]

FrOg, get a matching power amp and biamp the Dalis, you won't be disappointed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts