Closed back headphones with FiiO USB/DAC/Headphone considering Audio-Technica ATH A500

MrBrickFish

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Dear All,

I'm looking for a new set of headphones to connect to my FiiO E10 USB DAC headphone amp. I *think* I'm looking for closed back since my teenagers make a fair bit of racket in the background. This probably rules of the open back designs such as Grados which seem very popular from a sound quality point of view. My budget is flexible, but up to £150 is a fair starting point. I mostly listen to music such as Bowie, U2 etc but also a fair bit of female vocal stuff such as Joan Armatrading or Adele.

Currently, I have the Audio-Technica ATH A500 on my short list.

Any comments or any other headphones I should short list?

Many thanks

Cheers

Sean

A

Anonymous

Sean, I would try something cheaper; in my view you'll be surprised for less money. I've got the Sennheiser HD202s on my E10 and I find them perfect to my ears, slightly bassy (just the way I like it). If you want a little more portability and no leakage, try Senn HD 380 Pros for about £90.

You really need to describe what presentation you want to hear to find a shortlist for you.

Happy hunting!

MrBrickFish

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Graham,

Many thanks for the replay... (sorry for the delay in replying... very busy week at school). I'll do a bit of research in the headphones you mention

Cheers

Sean Moore

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts