cleaning my LPs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Al ears said:
ifor said:
Oldphrt said:
You tried wood glue because it said so on YouTube? Wow. Makes tap water sound a bit safe.

I tried it because I was curious.

I would suppose if you had a grubby LP or single you really disliked it's always worth a test. ;-)

it was a cheap very dirty second hand copy of Neil Young’s Harvest. I’ve put it on and am listening to it now. It really does look amazingly clean and in the main sounds very good. Unfortunately in places it sounds scratched, because of small bits of glue that got left behind.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
ifor said:
Al ears said:
ifor said:
Oldphrt said:
You tried wood glue because it said so on YouTube? Wow. Makes tap water sound a bit safe.

I tried it because I was curious.

I would suppose if you had a grubby LP or single you really disliked it's always worth a test. ;-)

it was a cheap very dirty second hand copy of Neil Young’s Harvest. I’ve put it on and am listening to it now. It really does look amazingly clean and in the main sounds very good. Unfortunately in places it sounds scratched, because of small bits of glue that got left behind.
It actually sounded dreadful, but nothing to do with the cleaning. I suspect dirty evening mains supply.

George680

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi jmjones,

I'm living in a soft water area. I believe that is a good thing?

thanks
regular_smile.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts