cleaning an LCD screen

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Was wondering what way the WHF wisened ones had to say on the subject. My screen is a bit on the dusty side, but I'm guessing it's not as robust as a CRT when it comes to cleaning.

Other than LCD wipes - which seem like a bit of a try on - am I best with an old fashioned tickling stick (assuming Doddy is still alive and tickling), or do I use a microfibre cloth or something else?

Certain sites advise glass cleaner, some say distilled water mixed with pure alcohol, others vinegar etc.

Any views?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:If it's just dust, I use a photographic blower brush or make up brush. If it has greasy marks, a microfibre cloth.

I Agree - and if it's really bad then I use an LCD screen wipe as well.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not much to add there, apart from paying close attention to any manufacturer's comments in the manual regarding cleaning, and not rubbing too hard. We've had at least one report on here of someone apparently rubbing through an antireflective coating on a brand new screen.

A

Anonymous

I use a damp microfibre cloth most of the time but also use a product called CleanSafe which is really good. You can get it from www.screen-wipes.co.uk

TRENDING THREADS