class a or class d amps

anis.67

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
hello all

i am about to enter the world of hifi and currently looking at cyrus 6 and 8 dacs and arcam amps with speakers etc but considering i will be listening to compressed flac/mp3 files why should i consider the amps above and not simply just go for a class d amp ie like the new nads comming onto the market?(3020 and 7050?)

your views and comments are apreciated ....r :cheers: egards from epsom....anis

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
anis.67 said:
hello all

....but considering i will be listening to compressed flac/mp3 files why should i......

Your statement make it sound like FLAC (Free lossless audio codec) is the same as an mp3 which is not lossless. If you are using FLAC files then they will be of the same quality as the original which they were encoded from.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
anis.67 said:
hello all

i am about to enter the world of hifi and currently looking at cyrus 6 and 8 dacs and arcam amps with speakers etc but considering i will be listening to compressed flac/mp3 files why should i consider the amps above and not simply just go for a class d amp ie like the new nads comming onto the market?(3020 and 7050?)

I don't see any relevance to what the source media is, you should buy the best you can afford that like the sound of the most. What's inside the amp is entirely irrelevant to the media you chose to listen to in my opinion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts