Chord Red Reference CDP

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
In terms of actually listening to one or even better, owning one, does anyone have any experience of this machine?

It's a ridiculous amount of money for a CD player, but I'm in the possibly fortunate position of buying one for a relatively low price.

What I'd like to know, aside from opinions about the imminent death of dedicated CD players, are informed views on what it might sound like in my system with my Chord DAC or more financially feasibly without my DAC?

I presume the DAC in the RED CDP player is either similar spec or beyond the DAC 64.

I stream most of my digital music from Mac to ATV and onto the DAC, but have a vast amount of CDs still unloaded onto an external drive.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
This was being used in a system at the Manchester show in 2010 but unfortunately the other kit (which I now can't remember) was unfamiliar to me so I couldn't comment on its performance. Hopefully someone else listened to it and could. I believe it uses the same DAC as the QBD76, so hopefully a step up from what you have at the moment.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Ben, yes hopefully someone else can offer some insights.

I have got an opportunity to go and listen to it but that won't be partnering my kit of course.

Plus, demos tend only to provide a snapshot and I would appreciate something a bit more substantial from an owner's perspective.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts