Chord Odyssey...................not Rumour

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
From the previous thread re Chord Rumour, I have to agree with those who opined that Odyssey was they way to go

We now have Odyssey 4 bi-amped to the Front Left and Right speakers with Odyssey 2 to the Centre, and what a difference!

To say that it is like a blanket being taken off the speakers is a bit cliched (to say the least) but the clarity and sparkle is unbelievable, there is detail there that I have just not heard before, also the integration/balance (call it what you will) across the front three is simply a step up in performance, off screen L & R voices and effects blend completely,fabulously listenable and jumps to life even with SDTV. DVD and Blu Ray are amazingly detailed!

I cannot praise this speaker cable upgrade enough.....................thanks to all those that persuaded me to go the Odyssey route!

A

Anonymous

Glad your enjoyiong it. The Oddy gives it a bit more of everything and is a great all round cable. Sit back and enjoy.

A

Anonymous

For the reference of others, this was an upgrade from the Chord Carnival Silver Plus biwire (if I remember correctly).

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
igglebert:For the reference of others, this was an upgrade from the Chord Carnival Silver Plus biwire (if I remember correctly).

igglebert

Absolutely correct, thanks

A

Anonymous

You will need to update your sig to reflect it now. Oddy not silver plus.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
potboyslim:You will need to update your sig to reflect it now. Oddy not silver plus.

Like so ...................just a little bit pleased with these
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Nice one fayeanddavid. I love it when an upgrade comes together
emotion-5.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Cant say as ive tried the Chord (or indeed any chord), but I have tried quite a few different makes of speaker cables (Some costing FAR more than the odyssey)

Id be very suprised if it sounds better than Van Dammes UP LCOFC speaker cable (Its Linear Copper Crystal which basically means its a far higher grade of copper than is used normally), which is far CHEAPER than the chord

A

Anonymous

Where would you suggest getting this speaker cable, aliEnRIK? I might have a dabble if it's cheaper than the Odyssey 2, just for the crack. Might even prefer it, who knows.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
aliEnRIK:
Cant say as ive tried the Chord (or indeed any chord), but I have tried quite a few different makes of speaker cables (Some costing FAR more than the odyssey)

Id be very suprised if it sounds better than Van Dammes UP LCOFC speaker cable (Its Linear Copper Crystal which basically means its a far higher grade of copper than is used normally), which is far CHEAPER than the chord

aliEnRiK

You may well be right, but the money is spent I and I, for one, am absolutely delighted with the results!

Not saying I have the "biggest one", just absolutely chuffed to bits with what I've got.

That's all

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid: From the previous thread re Chord Rumour, I have to agree with those who opined that Odyssey was they way to go

We now have Odyssey 4 bi-amped to the Front Left and Right speakers with Odyssey 2 to the Centre, and what a difference!

To say that it is like a blanket being taken off the speakers is a bit cliched (to say the least) but the clarity and sparkle is unbelievable, there is detail there that I have just not heard before, also the integration/balance (call it what you will) across the front three is simply a step up in performance, off screen L & R voices and effects blend completely,fabulously listenable and jumps to life even with SDTV. DVD and Blu Ray are amazingly detailed!

I cannot praise this speaker cable upgrade enough.....................thanks to all those that persuaded me to go the Odyssey route!

No problem
emotion-1.gif

Hence why we use it in our demo room......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts