Chord Clearway RCA cable

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

insider9

seemorebtts said:
insider9 said:
nopiano said:
insider9 said:
seemorebtts said:
It's a good cable and will give you better speed and agility.if you can get a chord shawline.
Look at that wonderful pic!!! Someone's been shopping :)

Sorry to derail the thread but how big is the jump from I22 to I32?
Interesting question. I never heard the I22 but am delighted with my I32.  You know it has been discontinued so there are some bargains around. Not sure when new models arrive. 
Yes, hoping Seemorebtts will perhaps do a small write up. For all it's virtues I22 ultimately made me go another direction. Maybe with different speakers/source I would've enjoyed it more. I still rate Primare gear highly so hoping for a run down :)
well it's definitely better. More detail lots of power. Great sound stage with very little distortion.its a bit softer then the i22 but still can sound a little hard at high volume. Stereo imaging is amazing its possible the best thing about this amp oh and the bass is just perfect
Thanks very much. I might be going back to Primare but would need more power than 120Wpc so it would have to be pre-power combo.

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Happy_Listener said:
I highley disagree with Oldphrt! How many cables have you tried out in your system and compared? Why can so many people hear differences with cables but you can not? Can you not hear a difference or have you not even tried to compare different brands?

You are imagining it. Stop imagining it and you will save cash.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
insider9 said:
seemorebtts said:
insider9 said:
nopiano said:
insider9 said:
seemorebtts said:
It's a good cable and will give you better speed and agility.if you can get a chord shawline.

Interesting question. I never heard the I22 but am delighted with my I32.  You know it has been discontinued so there are some bargains around. Not sure when new models arrive. 
Yes, hoping Seemorebtts will perhaps do a small write up. For all it's virtues I22 ultimately made me go another direction. Maybe with different speakers/source I would've enjoyed it more. I still rate Primare gear highly so hoping for a run down :)
well it's definitely better. More detail lots of power. Great sound stage with very little distortion.its a bit softer then the i22 but still can sound a little hard at high volume. Stereo imaging is amazing its possible the best thing about this amp oh and the bass is just perfect
Thanks very much. I might be going back to Primare but would need more power than 120Wpc so it would have to be pre-power combo.
wow what Speaker's are you thinking about? That combo will be far better then the i32.

insider9

seemorebtts said:
insider9 said:
seemorebtts said:
insider9 said:
nopiano said:
insider9 said:
seemorebtts said:

wow what Speaker's are you thinking about? That combo will be far better then the i32.
Picking up next week. See other thread ;)

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

cheeseboy said:
QuestForThe13thNote said:
This idea about double blind not revealing differences in own kit, at home, in your own environment, is a total misnomer and myth in hi fi.

apart from the blinding fact that everybody who tries it properly fails it the test.

i think it depends on which one you read as the blind test one linked here revealed the 3 experts could pick out the cables. But what I'm pretty certain of, is nobody has done a test of 10 people picking out two speaker cables in their own hi fi at home in blind conditions, of cables the individuals have tried at home, one they consider performs very well, and the other the opposite. That would eliminate lots of variables. You'd have to choose people with good hearing, having recent knowledge of the cables, and systems that are revealing (budget systems or not). I think then you'd see almost everyone picking out the cables.

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Listening isn't really required to establish which is the best speaker wire. You can do it far more accurately by measuring resistance, the lower the better. I wonder why manufacturers hardly ever quote it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts