Chord epic twin or qed Genesis spiral not bi wire

GETTING OLD

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
When it comes to cables everyone seems to have differing opinions, I've used both in the past and if I was to choose i'd say that the "Genesis" slightly edge it, that said, if I'm brutally honest whilst there wasn't anything wrong with either cable I don't consider either were worth their recommended retail price, nor did they live up to the advertised "hype", fortunately I bought both second hand at a greatly reduced price so with that in mind their performance in relation to price was quite acceptable.

I've used numerous speaker cables, ranging from the cheap to the very expensive, and with numerous different pieces of equipment, brands such as - Audioquest, Chord, Cable Talk, Atlas, QED, Gale, Transparent, Kimber, Ixos, Sonic Link/Black Rhodium, Van Damme, etc, and I can honestly say that to my ears two of the best sounding cables were amongst two of the cheapest - Gale 315 and Quantai T-2 (both OFC cables).

Whilst I don't know what equipment you have nor do I know how certain cables will interact, I do think BigH's recommendation of Van Damme cable is a fair call, and especially if you consider the price difference per metre, as from my experience I don't think you will hear much if any difference between it or the two you have mentioned - Genesis or Epic ...Just my opinion of course, your ear's may hear something different.

mikemack

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have an Arcam cd17 A18 Amp Kef LS50s Speakers Sonos connect, i am currently usinf qed original Bi-wire mk2 high performance bought in 2004.

The Keffs are not bi-wireable so i have just connected ends together.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts