Chord Caught Out

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The ASA is powerless to punish or sanction Chord (they have been in breach of a previous ASA ruling since 2014) and Chord will cheerfully flick V signs at the ASA and laugh all the way to the bank.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
other than to inflate abacus's ego, NO ONE cares what the ASA does or say which is why they have no legal powers.

Leave us that know cables make a difference alone to spend what ever amount OF OUR MONEY we like on what we like.

*aggressive*

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Now we either trust reviews from Magazines or we don't. We either trust the HIfi industry or we dont. We trust these same magazines when they review Hifi boxes but when it comes to cables most say its all snake oil. HI-FI World for example gave the TELLURIUM Q BLACK II speaker cables five globes. Saying it's outstanding. Now if anyone is of the notion cables make no difference then should it not be the case that any reviews of HI-FI WORLD should not be trusted, including hifi components and boxes?.. Go figure. *dirol* Dont brush all with the same brush. *pardon*

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
"Whilst they further claim the ChordMusic streaming cable uses cutting edge digital amplifiers as well as do-it-all integrated amps and pre-amps..."

I very much doubt Chord Co made any claim that their cable uses digital amplifiers, or indeed any amplifiers. If the ASA is going to take companies to task for inaccuracy, you'd at least hope it would report the alleged inaccuracy accurately.

abacus

macdiddy said:
other than to inflate abacus's ego, NO ONE cares what the ASA does or say which is why they have no legal powers.

Leave us that know cables make a difference alone to spend what ever amount OF OUR MONEY we like on what we like.

*aggressive*

All potential buyers should be made aware of all of the verifiable facts not just somebody’s subjective opinion, this is the only reason I posted this link which was first bought to my attention on the AVForums website.

If you don’t believe it, fine, just make sure you provide verifiable evidence of this or emphasise that it is your own personal opinion, not a verifiable fact, so that new users do not get led up the garden path.

BTW. I am still waiting for you to provide verifiable evidence (I have asked many times) of your claim, that nothing is forthcoming says more than words ever can.

Bill

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
macdiddy said:

*aggressive*

Because customers who don't know enough about the subject to know better have the right to be legally protected from those trying to scam them out of money like the modern equivalent of Victorian confidence tricksters.

The problem is, the ASA have all the legal balls of my neutered cat. Really, it should be just an offence to make unsubstantiable claims about a product, with those who cross the line facing a substantial fine. In time it would wipe out all the snake-oil merchants that blight our hobby. Which IMO is a very good thing.

spiny norman said:
"Whilst they further claim the ChordMusic streaming cable uses cutting edge digital amplifiers as well as do-it-all integrated amps and pre-amps..."

I very much doubt Chord Co made any claim that their cable uses digital amplifiers, or indeed any amplifiers. If the ASA is going to take companies to task for inaccuracy, you'd at least hope it would report the alleged inaccuracy accurately.
Yes, that bit didn't make any sense! I’m surprised they make silly claims on the website because in print they claim nothing save that music lovers enjoy them!

daveh75

MajorFubar said:
macdiddy said:

*aggressive*

Because customers who don't know enough about the subject to know better have the right to be legally protected from those trying to scam them out of money like the modern equivalent of Victorian confidence tricksters.

The problem is, the ASA have all the legal balls of my neutered cat. Really, it should be just an offence to make unsubstantiable claims about a product, with those who cross the line facing a substantial fine. In time it would wipe out all the snake-oil merchants that blight our hobby. Which IMO is a very good thing.

@macdiddy is an utter ******* who clearly has issues with abacus and his objectivity....

Samd

daveh75 said:
MajorFubar said:
macdiddy said:

*aggressive*

@macdiddy is an utter ******* who clearly has issues with abacus and his objectivity....

...glossing-over issues again!
wink_smile.png

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
davidf said:
I’m sure virtually every manufacturer could be investigated by the ASA - I’ve never seen anyone grow wings after drinking Red Bull.

I think most people can tell the difference between literal dubious claims and metaphors in brand taglines. Mind you the line is not clearly cut, Opel Fruits had to change their name to Starburst because there was no fruit in them (like 'cos of course there's stars in them...) and Readybrek had to quit saying it was central heating for kids.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
macdiddy said:

I care. So you are wrong.

macdiddy said:

*aggressive*

proof please? Unless you are saying that you are happy for companies to outright lie?

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
daveh75 said:

gotta agree, he literally stalks him around any cable thread to say the same thing over and over again. It's borderline obsession

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts