chord 2 qute dac

rymidd

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
would upgradeing my dac from the rega dac to chord 2 qute dac be a worthwhile improvement to my system,

my system is , rega dac , roksan m2 , eb acoustic eb1s. im looking for more transparent detailed sound without loseing that full bodied sound of the rega ,

just seeking advise , as it a lot of money and that i may not a improvement, i do have audilolab 8200 as well

but i like the rega dac more im my system.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
rymidd said:
would upgradeing my dac from the rega dac to chord 2 qute dac be a worthwhile improvement to my system,

my system is , rega dac , roksan m2 , eb acoustic eb1s. im looking for more transparent detailed sound without loseing that full bodied sound of the rega ,

just seeking advise , as it a lot of money and that i may not a improvement, i do have audilolab 8200 as well

Its something you need to try, I have found Dacs to be very similar. The Chord is meant to be quite open sounding so may suit you, if not try the Metrum Octave 2 if you can find one.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
rymidd said:

Someone mentions in post #504 about replacing a rega dac with a 2qute, and getting goosebumps.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/749582/chord-electronics-2qute-dac-announced

If you wanted a cheaper option, then try the chord mojo, and use the line-out to your amp. The current chord family of dacs all use the same FPGA dac technology and code, so they produce a similar sound output.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
In this test: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0412/usb_dac_shootout.htm

John Kenny came out first then the Halide Dac that was for usb dacs. The Rega Dac did not fair so well. The John Kenny has now been replaced with a new version and costs about Euro 550, they are made in Ireland and there is a trial period. I have read other tests and reviews and the JK always comes out at or near the top even with more expensive Dacs but not seen it compared with the Chord.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
if the dac's were not intentionally voiced to have certain sound then should be transparent and sounds the same.. if differences in voltage output are matched and out of the way there's very hard to tell dacs apart.

rymidd

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
thanks for your input i now have a chord 2 qute in my system with a option to return, it has made a big improvment, sounding alot clearer and more open.

TRENDING THREADS