Choosing Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am currently looking to buy a new set of floor standers and my choice has been narrowed down to 2. Spendor S8E or Wilson Benesch Square 2. They will be partnered with Primare I30 amp & Primare cd31. Room positioning plays a vital part in my choosing. The speakers will have to be about 1 foot from rear wall there is no compromise on this. My seating position from speakers is 8 feet. The music i listen to is pretty varied, pop rock metal, some dance but i would say mainly classic rock, so i guess what i'm saying is the speaker needs to be a good all rounder. Suggestions most welcome. Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Firstly, what a great set-up this will be ;).........the square two's look amazing, I have never heard them, but did listen to the S8E's when I was arranging demos a few months back. As a primare fan......I also found the pmc ob1's sounding nice.......until I opted for the Dali's, which I found were best all round (rock/classical/dance/electro!)........at the time I was also advised to check out the Focal range (in particular the 1027Be) but never got round to it.........good luck my friend

A

Anonymous

you should try and make an effort to audition the ATC scm40's, difficult to find but ultimately worth it. they are not fussy about positioning either , my scm 11's are against the wall, no boom, as they are sealed units. they can handle everything you throw at them with incredible resolution, totally transparent and free from colouration. they really are jaw droppingly good to listen too and leave you wanting more and more. with your excellent set up i would speak to rick at musicraft and see if he can get you a pair to audition, they really are that good.

A

Anonymous

Dali's out of my price range & i think they will be too big for my room. How did the spendors sound?

I've got the wilson benesch square one's, upgrading to square two's or spendor s8e's should give me more bass. Has anybody had experience with the square two's. Cheers.

A

Anonymous

The spendors were great, but it depends on how much you love your bass........as tight and punchy as it was, I felt it lacked some depth........no complaints with the mid and treble range though........very sweet. The Dali's (and PMCs) created a better soundstage though in my opinion. Let us know what u think of the square two's when you hear them ;)

A

Anonymous

Don't rate the Square 2's myself, sorry. I would try PMC FB1i's or Sonus Faber Concerto Domus. Very different but both good!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="igglebert"]Don't rate the Square 2's myself, sorry[/quote]

Is that because of Naim? The Square are fussy with electronics but get it right and they sound gorgeous!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
[quote user="igglebert"]Don't rate the Square 2's myself, sorry[/quote]

Is that because of Naim? The Square are fussy with electronics but get it right and they sound gorgeous!

[/quote]
Yeah, I really should try them with a different amp, perhaps the Primare I30. I get put off easily with these things. I guess I only tried the Sonus Faber with a 10W valve amp but it rocked!! Quite how it managed to do so I have no idea, but hey, superb.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts