childproofing my LCD TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am serioulsy thinking about getting a LCD TV to replace my old Phillips 28" CRT

The thing is it will need to be childproof, with a 5 year old and a 3 year old running

around this is a recipe for disaster.

Apart from wall mounting it does anyone have any suggestions to prevent it being knocked

over.

I found this on a yankee website, is there anything similar on sale in this country

http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0076405342828_L4.jpg

John Duncan

As an early adopter (my 23" Philips cost 1500 quid), I wish I had had the advice "remove all orange coloured pencils from the house as they will scratch your display when used to draw on plastic LCD screens".

Seriously.

A

Anonymous

Definitely wall-mount it. Anything else is going to be a climbing frame for them.

Oh, and ideally cover the wall below with that anti-burglar climb-proof paint, and cover the front with a fine mesh net that protects against stray footballs.

A

Anonymous

Lets look at this another way, why should you have to protect the lcd it has do nothing wrong, take your children to your mums and keep them there.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Sempron"]Lets look at this another way, why should you have to protect the lcd it has do nothing wrong, take your children to your mums and keep them there.[/quote] CLOWN !!

A

Anonymous

I agree that apart from wall mounting, you would need a rack that the tv is fixed to. Any chance of waiting a couple more years? By age 5 the crayon and marker pen stage should have passed. And just think what you will then be able to buy for your money.

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
Perhaps some good old fashioned parenting?

We have a px70 42" on its own stand and our 2 yr old knows better than to touch it without permission. We let her turn it off when she goes to bed and she says " goodnight telly" lol

Now our 1 yr old is still learning!

A

Anonymous

If you do wall mount it, be careful of any dangling cables being used to swing from.

A

Anonymous

I see what your saying and our 3yr old is still going through the terrible two's, he knows better than to touch our current TV except first thing in the morning to turn it on , but accident's do happen

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="northantsbloke34"]
We let her turn it off when she goes to bed and she says " goodnight telly" lol

[/quote]

That can backfire.

There was one reviewer - no names, but if I say "Naim six-pack and DBLs", some may have a clue - who attempted to do something similar.

Trouble was, by the time the nipper was about five or six he wouldn't go to bed before Dad had given him a track or two of Rage Against The Machine at firmament-rending levels!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts