Cheapest Blu-Ray/DVD player with RCA output?

CineVic

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
Hi

New to this forum - looking to get a player with RCA output for our cinema project.

Any recommendations at the lower end of the price spectrum?

Manty thanks

Messiah

Hi!

Can you elaborate on what you need the RCA connections for?

It seems most budget Blu-Ray players do not come with RCA output (I expect it helps keep the cost down).

Lots of options on eBay though.

Personally I use Pioneer players and there are lots on eBay with the connections you need.

CineVic

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
Hi Messiah

Thanks for the reply. What I was hoping to find is a new Blu-Ray player that has RCA output for under £150.

Think the only option will be a second hand machine.

Although someone did say you can get a box of tricks to convert HDMI to RCA.

Will check out eBay

Gray

Where picture quality is concerned, it doesn't have to be a Blu-ray player does it?

RCA can carry only component or composite video signals, so any Blu-ray advantage is lost.
The point being that any old standard DVD player with RCA video output would suit your purpose......wouldn't it?

(I never watch films, but I presume Blu-ray discs are backwards compatible to play on standard DVD players - don't know why I presume that, since nobody should really want to do it 🤪).

Last edited:

WayneKerr

I never watch films, but I presume Blu-ray discs are backwards compatible to play on standard DVD players - don't know why I presume that, since nobody should really want to do it.
Don't think so Gray, you'd need a blu-ray player to play a blu-ray disc. However, blu-ray players can play DVDs, but can't play 4K UHD discs.

Reactions: Al ears

WayneKerr

Thanks Doug, that makes sense.
I somehow thought BD might have a layer of standard DVD.....in the same way that SACD has a CD layer.
(But I've probably got that wrong too 😜).
Not the ones I've got :) If you want DVD, that's a disc, if you want blu-ray, that's another disc, if you want 3D that's another disc, and if you want 4K, that's another disc :)

Reactions: Al ears
Hi

New to this forum - looking to get a player with RCA output for our cinema project.

Any recommendations at the lower end of the price spectrum?

Manty thanks
Generally Panasonic Blurays have RCA. I have there older flagship model with RCAs but even newer cheaper one tend to have them.

Also as @Messiah said, Pioneer player also have them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts