Visit site
hi

i have decided to go with

denon 720w reciever

6 dayton audio br-1 $210 a pair from philarmonic audio

2 jbl studio 550p subs

4 monoprice caliber in ceiling speakers 8 in way

pioneer mtm c22 centre speaker

my question is i want a very good need a four - five way power amplifier to connect it all up i want one as cheap as possible thanks

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
because you will find that you are unable to add extra power amps to your receiver as it does not have the required output sockets, also you can only add two ceiling speakers for exactly the same reason.

if you really want 11 speakers in your room then you will need to go up the denon range to one of their more equiped models.

*music2*

As macdiddy says, if you want to run 11 speakers for 7.1.4 Atmos system, then the Denon 720W will not work. You need an AV receiver with processing for 11 channels (even when connecting an external power amplifier). The 720W has processing for only 7 channels.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
If it were me I'd go for the Marantz 7011 or 6012, or the Denon equivalent, and one of the new Emotiva XPA modular power amps. Channels can be added as your wallet allows, now up to 11. 7 Channels would power your in walls leaving the receiver to run the overheads but you could start with just 2 or 3 to run the fronts and center.

Buy you DO need a receiver with pre-amp outputs as others have said. And for 7.2.4 you need 11 + sub channel processing too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts