Chario Constellation II Lynx Audioquest Type 4 Cable

Egonx

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
20220212_141101.jpg

20220212_141209.jpg

Hi everyone, is this the right combination, i am not sure anymore. I could not manage to find a way to connect the cable with the speaker. This Chario has a little different post at the back than other speakers i guess. How does it work does anybody has any idea? Thanks for all the answers. Best regards.

Egonx

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
Thank you @Gray and @Al ears i was trying to get away without banana plugs but in this case i must get those i suppose. Actually, i was trying to create very tiny hooklike shape from the heads of the black and red cables so they can clinge to the ring from the inside. But its almost impossible and also it damages the cable even more.

Sorry for my bad English by the way. Have a great day.

Reactions: Gray

Gray

Actually, i was trying to create very tiny hooklike shape from the heads of the black and red cables so they can clinge to the ring from the inside.
And I'm sure you're on the right track with that idea. After all, the only reason the threaded inserts are detachable, is to allow for the fitting of bare wires - and looping back over the end collar would appear to be the design and no doubt pin them in place.
But that would be a semi-permanent arrangement. Far better the plug option.
I can recommend the Fisual gold plated type plugs.
Ensure those threaded inserts are fully tightened in place before plug insertion.

Reactions: Egonx and Al ears
View attachment 3245

Thank you so much @Gray @Al ears I have found these with a quick search, Supra Cables CombiCon, a pair of these get the job done i guess?
I am not sure how the wires are fixed in these. Do they have to be soldered?
How are the other ends connected to your amplifier?
these are cheaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Egonx

Gray

...a pair of these get the job done i guess?
They would do a job.
But when I tried that type I found them more permanently bendy than desirably springy as they were inserted.
I may have been unlucky, but would only use (and recommend) banana types.
Most plugs allow for thicker cables than you have, so you might want to fold the bared conductors at least once to fill out the securing points.
(I'd choose rear cable entry types with 2-screw fixing).

Reactions: Egonx and Al ears

abacus

View attachment 3245

Thank you so much @Gray @Al ears I have found these with a quick search, Supra Cables CombiCon, a pair of these get the job done i guess?

Unbelievable, I haven’t seen anything that looks as cheap and nasty as that for ages, (I thought those days had long gone) get some proper Banana Plugs off Amazon as they have a boatload to choose from. (Or go to a pro music store)
You may also want to get some decent 2.5mm sq. OFC cable at the same time, as those cables you have are too thin and have a solid core (Always bad for items that are not permanently fixed (In wall for example) so not ideal for the job in hand. (Always go for multi-strand with speakers)

Bill

Reactions: Egonx

Egonx

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
I am not sure how the wires are fixed in these. Do they have to be soldered?
How are the other ends connected to your amplifier?
these are cheaper.

The guy from the store offered this solution with Banana plug but i didn't ask him how he is gonna do it soledered or not, first thing in the morning i am gonna ask him. Does it matter? If it matters i am gonna look for some other company or solution. He sent me these images yesterday, when he s done it will be ready to use.

crimpbody.JPG

plas.JPG

IMG-20220212-WA0005.jpg

Egonx

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
Unbelievable, I haven’t seen anything that looks as cheap and nasty as that for ages, (I thought those days had long gone) get some proper Banana Plugs off Amazon as they have a boatload to choose from. (Or go to a pro music store)
You may also want to get some decent 2.5mm sq. OFC cable at the same time, as those cables you have are too thin and have a solid core (Always bad for items that are not permanently fixed (In wall for example) so not ideal for the job in hand. (Always go for multi-strand with speakers)

Bill

Hi Bill, thanks for your answer. Do you think something wrong with the cable, i heard it from some other guys too. Its interesting because as far as i know Audioquest is not a bad manufacturer of these kind of cables. Of course i am a newbie, but some says the cables are ok some says quite the opposite, its interesting.

Attachments

• 1644772049862.png
    1644772049862.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 0

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts