Center Speaker Upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

My current set-up is a Denon AVR 2805, Kef 2005.2 speakers (Kube 2 Sub Woofer), Panasonic DMR-EX768 DVD/HDD recorder, Sony BDPS760B Blu-Ray, and Sky HD.

I have the chance to buy a new KEF KHT3005 centre speaker for just over half price. Do you guys think this would be a worthwhile upgrade?

Regards,

Darren

A

Anonymous

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of compact speakers, mid range punch seems to be severely lacking due to there size, and considering the center channel is primarily used for voice, midrange is an essential tonal balance that needs striking right. If you are intent on compat speakers then the 2 kef's you mentioned should do an ok job, personally I'd perhaps look at a real center speaker, the iQ range from Kef are great if you are sensitive to positioning for instance, tannoy's Eyris C, I auditioned a little while back and sounded very decent considering that it's in the cheaper price range.

I too am still looking for a replacement center, my B&W CC6 s2, whilst sounding nice, doesn't produce the punch I'm after. I'm waiting for my local dealer to get the B&W CM Centre 2 delivered for me to audition. Center is one of the hardest places to choose ;)

A

Anonymous

It can't hurt, the 3005 series has a frequency response down to 65Hz as opposed to the 80 Hz of the 2005, however, I'm not sure how the cohesion the front sound stage will be with a mixture of ranges, do you intended in replacing the other front 2? If so then it's a deifinate yes. Is it the "SE" version of the 3005 you are looking at?

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Darren Cotter:

Hi All,

My current set-up is a Denon AVR 2805, Kef 2005.2 speakers (Kube 2 Sub Woofer), Panasonic DMR-EX768 DVD/HDD recorder, Sony BDPS760B Blu-Ray, and Sky HD.

I have the chance to buy a new KEF KHT3005 centre speaker for just over half price. Do you guys think this would be a worthwhile upgrade?

Regards,

Darren

It's a common upgrade suggestion as it is a bespoke centre and one I am constantly thinking about because I think it is a weak link in this 5.1 system.Is it a one-off half price sale or can you say where it is being offered.(after you've bagged one of course.)

A

Anonymous

Ravey Gravey Davy:Darren Cotter:

Hi All,

Regards,

Darren

It's a common upgrade suggestion as it is a bespoke centre and one I am constantly thinking about because I think it is a weak link in this 5.1 system.Is it a one-off half price sale or can you say where it is being offered.(after you've bagged one of course.)

Hi,

It was on eBay, with a "Make an offer" under the "But it know" price.

Regards,

Darren

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts