CDP to match NAD C352 amp and B&W 685 speakers

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Im building a 2nd system for my dining room/listening room...

Just been lucky enough to get a NAD C352 integrated amp so now looking for a CDP to pair with it as well as B&W 685 speakers (i'll be using Chord Carnival speaker cable and Chrimson interconnects).

Music taste is varied; modern electronica/house music (Hed Kandi/Fischerspooner/Layo & Bushwacka/Underworld etc...). But also listen to music like Elbow/Rammstein/SOAD/Pink Floyd/Jethro Tull etc... Fairly eclectic!

Having owned NAD and Arcam before i'm looking at these 2 first; probably an Arcam CD72 or CD73 or the NAD C525BEE CDP or the NAD C542 CDP.

Does anyone have any more input or other ideas?

Cheers :)

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
I used to own NAD and now own Arcam.
To be honest at the current prices i doubt either will dissappoint - the Arcam CD73 would be my own choice as it is superb value for money now. I have used the CD73 with a NAD 320BEE and it was a good match and arguably better than pairing with an Arcam A70 which was a tad lean.

But if you want it to match visually i thought the 542 was a good player and was often recommended and sold as a 352 pairing.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yeah thats another issue; matched items.

Bit like having Toyota alloys on a Honda; its just not right haha...

I know that the Arcam will give me the sound that i like but i also know that the NAD C352 amp and NAD C542 CDP got good write ups as a pair!

Also if i go for all NAD then it'll just be one remote!

nads

the 542is very good to my ears, and the amp remote also has the CDP buttons on it.

and they both use the same code to turn on and off. can be fun if you dont want the CDP on!

d_a_n1979:Yeah thats another issue; matched items. Bit like having Toyota alloys on a Honda; its just not right haha... I know that the Arcam will give me the sound that i like but i also know that the NAD C352 amp and NAD C542 CDP got good write ups as a pair! Also if i go for all NAD then it'll just be one remote!

The obvoius choice is a Nad. Like me your an Arcam fan, so I would go with something you're familiar with.

Thinking about it (if aesthetics is not an issue) you could always try the Cyrus CD6S, or the Exposure 2010s.

A

Anonymous

Hi Dan am i experiencing deja vu or have you not owned both NAD components before?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Nope...

I had the NAD C320BEE ages ago; my friend has the NAD C352 and also a NAD C355BEE with the NAD C542 CDP which i have borrowed whilst he was away with work and now thats why im going down that route for a 2nd system :)

Just wanted to see other peoples opinions re CDP's as im torn between them!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts