cd you could not live without

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

Surf Matt:daveh75:

Surf Matt:Leftfield - Leftism

good choice, was listening to it earlier,

Never tire of that album.

Or Chemical Bros - Exit Planet Dust, Kruder and Dorfmeister - K&D Sessions or Thievery Corporation - Richest Man in Babylon.

All classics - in my own humble opinion of course!

exit planet dust most definately a classic, havn't heard it in a while, may give it a spin later, been listening to we are the night quite a bit lately

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
fr0g:Love Simple things, very nice album. But even as a big fan of Zero 7, that album is a complete Air rip-off.

They are in the same vein, but there aren't many direct similarities. Especially the more recent Air albums are just totally different from anything else.

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:a.g.:JoelSim:
Leftfield - Leftism

Way overhyped IMHO.

I couldnt disagree more. Fantastic album that I listen to every week even though I've owned it for 10 years.

Not been able to get all the way through it yet without falling asleep? :p

A

Anonymous

A really difficult one this is...too many. I'd probably have to say John Legend's Get Lifted because our first dance at our wedding was off this. But the following are very close contenders.....

Adele - 19

Amy Winehouse - Frank

Billy Joel - An Innocent Man (my mum used to listen to it ALL the time when I was a kid so provides very good memories)

Kanye West - Late Registration

Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor

Michael Buble - It's Time

Mint Royale - Pop Is.

Snow Patrol - Eyes Open

A

Anonymous

daveh75:
Surf Matt:Only recently got "We are the Night" - love that too!

future classic?

Not if you compare it to dig your own hole and exit planet dust...ÿ

A

Anonymous

Hmmm - not a fan of Dig Your Own Hole - very "tinny" sounding production and over repetitive tracks (apart from two classics) IMO.

We are the Night is more eclectic and so I reckon has more classic potential.

A

Anonymous

Octopo:daveh75:
Surf Matt:Only recently got "We are the Night" - love that too!

future classic?

Not if you compare it to dig your own hole and exit planet dust...

Thought I'd have a listen to "We are the Night" when I got home, and true the production is amazing cpmpared to other releases. Do you not think these eclectic albums will be less likely to become classics though compared one that sits within the boundaries of it's genre? To become a classic of all time (Beatles/Stones etc) takes something else, these will be classics of the genre.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts