CD/Streamers with Active Speakers

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

First time asking a question on here so apologies if I get things a bit wrong. Anyway, long and short of it is I am looking for a CD + Streamer combo to start off my hifi system. Currently, I am using the basic set up of ipod/laptop in a pair of M-Audio AV-40 active monitors https://www.amazon.co.uk/M-Audio-Studiophile-Speakers-Composing-Recording/dp/B0051WAM64.

Will these speakers work with either the Pioneer XCHM82D, the Marantz MCR611, Onkyo CN7050, or the Denon CEOL RCD-N9?

Eventually I will upgrade to an amp/passive speaker set up, but budget constraints mean I can't go all in at once.

Thanks!

Anthony

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
You need to think about volume control. A lot of hi-fi streamers out put a signal at a fixed level so in many cases the only usable volume control is the knob on the front of your speakers. Whether you find this convenient or not depends on you and your setup.

Personally in this sort of setup I prefer a volume controlable from whatever device is controlling the system, unlikely in this case. Your suggestions will all work, just work out what degree of contro works for you.

TRENDING THREADS