CD player: Should I spend the extra???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I run a pair of 3 year old AE EVO 3s which are driven by a new Creek EVO amp in a 6*4 meter room.

The amp was updated from an older NAD 3020i. I know it was old hat, but I couldn't believe the difference, it had me digging through my CD collection to see what instruments were hidden away on my favourite tracks away all these years!

I love the sound, but my CD player is a Marantz from the same era as the amp and I recon it's time to upgrade it too ( considering the difference the amp made!).

I'm thinking along the lines of a Marantz 6002 or Arcam 73...but open to other suggestions...

Is it worth paying the extra for the Arcam for my setup, or would it not make much of a difference with my setup?

The music most listened to is classical (fav is Mozart), solo piano and cello. Blues and light jazz.

Oh, and this could be a stupid question: I know speakers require 'running-in' but do amps and CD players???

With thanks for any input,

J

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Yep, I was looking at the Evo player aswell, but still not sure if it's worth the extra cash, it costs more than the Arcam.

Never thought of buying 2nd hand items as I wouldn't know how they'd been treated?

J

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I'll take a listen to the Rega ...I take it, you mean the Apollo?!

Jim

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Apollo still can be had at £495 new or if you can up the budget to a magical £1000 then try the Saturn...I thinking of buying one myself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts