CD Player Not Working

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have a Marantz CD6002 which would not work tonight - did not recognise any disc "No Disc" in display. Any ideas as what can be the problem?

All the discs I have tried have been really clean with no scratches, just checked the receipt and I bought it in May 2008 so out of manufacturer's garantee but you'd expect it to last longer than that, wouldn't you?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Yes, it should last a lot longer.

The good news is that Marantz comes with a 2 year warranty (through an authorised Marantz outlet), so as long as you have your receipt, you should be able to get it sorted no problem.

A

Anonymous

Hurahh!! I will contact them the forthwith in the morn. Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

I took it to the shop today and they say it will be repaired by Marantz but this will take at least 2 weeks!! I'm going to try it with a lens cleaner disc tonight and if that doesn't work i'l take it back to the shop tomorrow.

Is it really likely that the lens would be dirty enough to stop it working after only 18 months though ? Will find out tonight.

Thanks for the help/suggestions.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
RichardMusic:I took it to the shop today and they say it will be repaired by Marantz but this will take at least 2 weeks!! I'm going to try it with a lens cleaner disc tonight and if that doesn't work i'l take it back to the shop tomorrow. Is it really likely that the lens would be dirty enough to stop it working after only 18 months though ? Will find out tonight. Thanks for the help/suggestions. From past experience I would say very likely.well worth the effort imo.Normally it should be used on a monthly basis depending on amount of playing time and condition of the cd"s played on it.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
RichardMusic:Is it really likely that the lens would be dirty enough to stop it working after only 18 months though ? Only in a smokey or very dusty situation. Other CD players have ran for a decade or two without the need for cleaning.

John Duncan

Condensation as well, sometimes. Or the odd stray hair
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

I bought a CD lens cleaner - put it in the player and guess what? "No Disc" - I feel a bit daft now to be honest as that is what it was doing with all of the music CDs I tried last night.

You do need to get it to play so the little brush thing sweeps the laser don't you?

A

Anonymous

Actually it was blindingly obvious that was going to happen wasn't it....HaHa!

A

Anonymous

No, the tray goes back in and text says "Reading TOC" for a couple of seconds then "No Disc" the disc doesn't rotate.

A

Anonymous

It was worth a Try.

Thanks everyone I'l get it sent off tomorrow and see what Marantz reckon about it.

A

Anonymous

hello, mine is doing the same. Do you reckon it might be from leaving disks inside? did you work something out?

johnnyblue

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
I used to have a Marantz cd57, which had to have the lens or tracking or whatever re-aligned within 3 months of buying it. Can't remember what happened after that, but eventually it packed up after a couple of years use. Stopped recognising cds. Bought a Nad after that which worked for about 7 years before doing the same thing, but I thought the Nad, which looked cheap, was actually better quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts