CD player match

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have got some stand-mounted Monitor Audio Studio 10's which I am planning to connect to a (to be purchased) Onkyo 606 AV amp and some surround speakers (will be budget to mid range).

I am also seriously considering not playing my CD's on the BD player but get a dedicated player which hopefully make me enjoy my music even more.

Any recommendations to match the above kit, with a budget of £700-800 max.?

My current speaker cables are Van den Hull "The Clearwater" (silver). Shall I ditch them for new, better ones? The stands are really close to the amp and I don't need more than 2m on each side, so I can buy some decent and a bit more expensive for an improved sound. The speakers are also biwireable. *open can of worms*
emotion-1.gif

Thanks in advance.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
momo72:
I have got some stand-mounted Monitor Audio Studio 10's which I am planning to connect to a (to be purchased) Onkyo 606 AV amp and some surround speakers (will be budget to mid range).

I am also seriously considering not playing my CD's on the BD player but get a dedicated player which hopefully make me enjoy my music even more.

Any recommendations to match the above kit, with a budget of £700-800 max.?

My current speaker cables are Van den Hull "The Clearwater" (silver). Shall I ditch them for new, better ones? The stands are really close to the amp and I don't need more than 2m on each side, so I can buy some decent and a bit more expensive for an improved sound. The speakers are also biwireable. *open can of worms*
emotion-1.gif

Thanks in advance.

My advice would to be not to spend such an amount of money on a cd player which you plan to connect to an AV receiver - it would be a waste. The best idea would be to get a stereo amp for say £300 and then a cd player for around the same - this would give you a much better sound than a £600 cd player going into a receiver. If you went this way, you can connect your stereo amp to your receiver and in so doing, share the front speakers for both AV and cd playing. One pointer is that the 606 doesn't have pre outs for right and left front channels. I would plump for the Sony 2400es or the Yamaha 763.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Gerrardasnails.

I'm not sure I like the sound of adding one more box to the whole setup but I'll consider that option.

About the speaker cables, shall I keep or replace them?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
momo72:
Thanks Gerrardasnails.

I'm not sure I like the sound of adding one more box to the whole setup but I'll consider that option.

About the speaker cables, shall I keep or replace them?

That's a minor issue and one to worry about when you have your system how you want it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts