CD Player any suggestions!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Need a CD player to go with my onk 875. I only have 350mm width avilable in my cabinet. Can get cyrus CD6s for £400, this is a little more than what I wanted to pay (£300 max really). The cyrus will fit but its more than what I wanted to pay and I'm worried that the CD player is too good for my system or wont partner well with it.

Any ideas, (apart from getting a new cabinet please) thoughts on an alternative or the cyrus suitability!

system onk 875, kef IO5SE bi amped used in pure audio mode!

A

Anonymous

Any Ideas on a slim line CD player really, over the cyrus or is the cyrus the way to go?

A

Anonymous

I think the size is you limiting factor, music fidelity do some narrow players but i cant think of any others, Reading between the lines i think the cyrus/onkyo partnership might be a bit "in yer face", but i couldnt say for certain! i'd like to hear peoples opinions on this too.

A

Anonymous

the music fidelity option is a nice player, Ive heard this in the shop but its about 800 pound so its a no go really. Just not sure about the cyrus!

A

Anonymous

Dont get me wrong, I can live with the two not being the best suited in the world as long its not going to sound rubbish!

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
i am not sure as i dont have a copy of the magazine here but i think the buying guide at the back gives dimensions of the kit as well as prices, if it does it would be you best bet to start an audition list

John Duncan

Cyrus or Musical Fidelity X-Ray are your best bet. The 6s can be picked up cheaply new since the new SE has turned up, but it still may be a bit rich for you - I would recommend scouring eBay ofr one of the several versions of the X-Ray or a Cyrus of some vintage, all of which could be had within your budget - and a £250 s/h 6s could be upgraded to SE status later........

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I got a bargain (bloody brilliant) Cyrus CD8 on e-bay and prices look like they are going to drop in the shops with the new models now coming out as already stated. Check out the 'Clearance' section on the Sevenoaks website for instance. Patience is the key I suppose.

G

A

Anonymous

I have bitten the bullet and bought a CD6s for £400 from Vickers Hi Fi in York. Pretty pleased, I think this is good enough for my system and ear!

A

Anonymous

Nice line of thinking! So it isnt just me that has smuggle new toys into the house!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts