CD player and radio----suggestions for second hand

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi All, i am upgrading my old denon/kef kit listed in my signature for 'better' 2nd hand kit............................... I now have a musical fidelity B1 amp at home and a pair of tannoy R1 speakers on the way................................. to suit the above do you have suggestions on CD players and tuners (DAB prefered)............................. Cheers!

John Duncan

Tuners are easy:

AM/FM Tuner - Denon TU-260L Mk2 - eBay going price £25-£30
DAB Tuner - Denon TU-1800 - going rate about £100 or Pure 701 something or other for about £50 tops

CD Players, could be anything, depends on budget. 150 quid will get you a Cambridge 640c v2, which is top ace, as we say in Dundee. Under £100 will buy you an interesting Marantz player like the old 6000OSE or a 5400 (fifty quid).

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
cheers, i like the Denon TU-1800 as 1 i like denon kit and its DAB which i like too.........

still not sure on the CDP....someone said i could get a rega planet for about 150 ish (my top end) or even suggested using a dnon DVD player as a CDP i think he suggested a DVD2900 or later ........

John Duncan

[quote user="timwileman"]cheers, i like the Denon TU-1800 as 1 i like denon kit and its DAB which i like too.........

still not sure on the CDP....someone said i could get a rega planet for about 150 ish (my top end) or even suggested using a dnon DVD player as a CDP i think he suggested a DVD2900 or later ........[/quote]

Off the top of my head, I'd guess you'd only get the original (ugly) Planet for that money, the Mk2 is much better (and prettier), and is really good fun. If you have 150 quid though, I'd steer away from DVD players since you can get a pretty good dedicated player for that money, the aforementioned Cambridge being top of my list, though you could probably get an older but more upmarket player for that money as well - I recently got a Primare for just over 200!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts