CD Head Phone or Cans come first

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
My Creek OBH 21SE came and broke in on my Cyrus 8SE with PSX and Grado 325's. All Iam going to have for a few years is my cans is this amp sufficent Im not that happy with the sound I can buy a set of Grado PS500 for $650 Canadian but not sure of how much of a upgrade that would be from the 325's. Maybe I should have went for a higher end dedicated head amp, any suggestions my source will remain the same. The Creek in Canada is a 500 dollar unit so it gives up a idea how much the price jumps on this side of the ocean.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I just bought an amazing little amp for $144 USD - the 'Objective2' by JDS Labs. I've used it with Grado PS-500, Beyer DT-48, and even the difficult-to-drive $1500 Sennheiser HD-800. Wow! is all I can say. I don't think there is anything better until you get above 4 or 5 times that price. So maybe that doesn't address the question, but anyway unless you are inclined to a very expensive amp upgrade, this is an item to fall back on.

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
I've ordered an O2 from Oliver's company (not that I really need another amplifier!) I could probably build one myself, but really for the price I just couldn't resist. Looking forward to getting my hands on it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts