Castle Speakers reviewed soon???

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
With the re emergence of Castle speakers, and they extremely impressive demo of their Knight 2 speakers at the Manchester Show recently, are we going to see any reviews of their products in 'What Hifi?' soon????

Personally, I'd love to see a review of their Compact series, which includes the Column floorstanders, Centre L.C.R, satellite rears and 'Cube' subwoofer to create what 'could' be an excellent home cinema speaker package???

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree me and my wife were both trying to understand the price for punch these speakers were producing, they were sonicaly very impressive. I hope whfi-team can arrange a demo as at there price they maybe a big supprise and set a new benchmark at there price .

A

Anonymous

What Hi-Fi reviewed the Castle Compact system years ago. You can download the review from Castle's site (http://www.castle.uk.com/Download/Reviews/tabid/81/language/en-US/Default.aspx). There are also many Castle Column reviews on the net, just try Google. They are generally quite positive.

I have that system; at first I bought the Castle Compact package (4 sats, the centre and the sub), then I added the floorstanders. They are currently paired with an old NAD T752, and despite some reviews talking about "small room sound", they fill my 5m x 6m living room quite well (but then again 5 x 6 is considered small, I don't know). All in all I'm satisfied with them, but I have had no other package so I can't make any comparison; in fact, I was wondering how they would compare to the award winning Monitor Audio RX6 system, especially because I need to upgrade my receiver (which is probably going to be a Yamaha 2067 or 3067) and would like to have a balanced setup.

However, I've read somewhere that, as Castle has been bought by the Chinese IAG group, the new models (presumably the one you've demoed) no longer have "the Castle sound" (whatever that means), so they should sound quite differently from the Compact package.

Hope that helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts