castle knight speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently ran into a pair of castle knight 2 speakers costing R2000 and immediately pulled the trigger. I have connected them to my integra and they phenomenal (in their run-in period). They bit lais back in sound but comming from wharfedale diamond 9, they are fabtastic. I found that they go with the knight 5 as fronts but I see no centre for this package. I have already ordered the knight 5 but now I'm not sure if I want them if there is no centre for them. Please help if you know anything bout their centre or if there is one. Much appreciated.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
There is no centre in the Knight range and I do not believe there are plans to introduce one. You may want to look for another set of Knight 2's and run 6.1 with a Knight 2 as a centre. We tend to run 3 pairs of Knight 1's or Knight 3's for surround sound.

The Knight 5's are a stand out speaker and often overlooked, we see them as a range below the PMC i series and often match the knights into PMC surround packages.

A

Anonymous

thanks Nick

the sales guys i purchased the knight 2 from called and said i can use the 'lincoln c1 or c2' centre speaker. he could not confirm though if these centres will sound same as the knight 2. I have seen on the castle website that the lincoln is a diferent range within the same brand but is it safe to assume the tonality will be seamless between these centres and my castles. id be very disappointed if not, besides my rack woudlnt allow for a bookshelf speaker, not that i would want to. failing which i may then consider moving the knight 2's to the back as surrounds and look for another tower and centre speaker from another brand. your take??? anybody??

A

Anonymous

sorry Nick, are u suggesting the pmc speakers are or could be a match soundwise?

A

Anonymous

sorry Nick, are u suggesting the pmc speakers are or could be a match soundwise?

A

Anonymous

Hi penray. I'd be very surprised if the Lincoln C2 did not have a similar sound to the Knights. The bass units appear to be the same 130mm unit as on the Knight 1, and if not, then at least very similar. Reading the website, Castle recommend the C1 for use with Knights and C2 for use with Classic - have to say though that I find this unusual as the Classic range have carbon fibre cones, whereas the Knight range have the mixed fibre cones (same as the Lincolns I'm pretty sure). I'd have thought the Keep 2 is better suited to the Classic range due to carbon fibre cones. Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts