Castle severn 2s

slick76

Sep 19, 2024
Visit site
Ive just bought some castle severn 2s absolutely like new crystal clear being new to hi fi i thought there would be more bass just listened to war of the worlds and could hear each tambourine i do need new speaker wire will bass improve? Marantz 66se im used to having subwoofer in the car on surround tv etc could i add one

Last edited:

slick76

Sep 19, 2024
Visit site
Perhaps im not used to hearing anything exept bass stunningly clear just tried moby there is bass there its a strange listening exp sounds like the band is in between speakers

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi, your Castle Severn 2 are audiophile speakers for hi guality amp and source into small to mid room around 20 m². It is not speaker designed for home theater or for big bass. As for hifi, it deserves realy good amp, even small tube integrated like Copland 405 or Audiomat Arpege is not wasting of money here. For home cinema, big bass I recommend to look elsewhere. Combo with one or two subwoofers (one per chanell) will also work. I use my system with two active Velodyne SPL subs with my main speakers for some 22-23 years. No problem with them. My first speaker/subwoofer combo was with Leedh Flirt speakers. Leedh have some similarities with your Castle speakers. Castle are more musical, Leedh an absolute acoustic microscope...but worked very good with class A tube amps and two Velodyne subs for bass. I have used active crossovers some 20 years ago😂. And my source was mainly turntable Rega and CEC CD player.

slick76

Sep 19, 2024
Visit site
Hi, your Castle Severn 2 are audiophile speakers for hi guality amp and source into small to mid room around 20 m². It is not speaker designed for home theater or for big bass. As for hifi, it deserves realy good amp, even small tube integrated like Copland 405 or Audiomat Arpege is not wasting of money here. For home cinema, big bass I recommend to look elsewhere. Combo with one or two subwoofers (one per chanell) will also work. I use my system with two active Velodyne SPL subs with my main speakers for some 22-23 years. No problem with them. My first speaker/subwoofer combo was with Leedh Flirt speakers. Leedh have some similarities with your Castle speakers. Castle are more musical, Leedh an absolute acoustic microscope...but worked very good with class A tube amps and two Velodyne subs for bass. I have used active crossovers some 20 years ago😂. And my source was mainly turntable Rega and CEC CD player.
Are you saying my m 66se isnt good enough I have a seperate samsung home theatre bit im used to the meridion hi fi in the car 20 speakers could i wire a subwoofer from the speaker outlets ? Ive just stuck the old gale connections in to make sure they work atm ill be buying some speaker. Cable tomoz source is marantz cd player or blutooth device from phone i know dont kill me lol

slick76

Sep 19, 2024
Visit site
Are you saying my m 66se isnt good enough I have a seperate samsung home theatre bit im used to the meridion hi fi in the car 20 speakers could i wire a subwoofer from the speaker outlets ? Ive just stuck the old gale connections in to make sure they work atm ill be buying some speaker. Cable tomoz source is marantz cd player or blutooth device from phone i know dont kill me lol
Room is 12 x12 bedroom

Fandango Andy

Amp and speakers are both good, and a food match. The issue is are they the right combination for you? You wouldn't buy a spots car for off road driving. Same principle. if you want lots of bass you need a different setup, or modify the one you have. A sub may do the job. It depends on the connections on the sub as to how best to wire it up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts