Caspian M1 integrated alternative

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am investigating a HI-FI system consisting of.

Speaker: Proac studio 140 or Dynaudio Exite x32 or Tannoy DC6T or PMC or?

Integrated amp: Caspian or Primare or Muscal Fidelity or?

CD player: Cyrus or Roksan or?

My budget for CD player, Integrated Amplifier and Speakers is up to 4000 pounds

According to WHF the suggestions for the above speakers are one namely Roksan Caspian M1 amp.

Bearing in mind the 87 db/watt efficiency of the Dynaudio and the complex load of PMC I wonder if I need a more powerful amplifier than Caspian paired with the speakers?

regards

A

Anonymous

I may have posted this at a time with a very few forum members around.
I try again.

Regards

A

Anonymous

Well, for what it's worth, I'd start with the Caspian CDP and amp with the PMC GB1 or FB1. I'd take it from there. Maybe try them with the new Spendor A5 floorstanders. Then I'd compare the mix with the Primare I30 to see what that brought to the party.

Then again, 4k would mean I would at least try a Croft integrated amp with something neutral like a Musical Fidelity XRay 8 CDP, with some Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signatures or Spendor SA1s.

What sort of sound do you like? What sort of room do you have?

A

Anonymous

Hi igglebert

Thanks for reply

My room is 36 square meters.

I mostly listen to Piano and violin concerts and operas.
From time to time I listen to rock and jazz too.

regards

A

Anonymous

Without hesitation you must try the new Spendor A5s or A6s. I think they'll be pretty special. Matching, not sure, but see what happens. If the SA1s are anything to go by, these floorstanders will be pretty stunning.

T

the record spot

I'd recommend you seriously consider - with that budget - opening up a few more magazines over and above WHF. No disrespect, but you'll get a lot of stuff that's found in Sevenoaks or Sound and Vision, but that money gives you open doors to some really good gear you don't see in the the magazine. Whatever you do, check a few out.

Eastern Electric, Croft, Cairn, Puresound, Unison Research, Icon Audio, to name but a few....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts