Cartridge Upgrade on Pro-ject Debut (TT newbie!)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Bought the 2M Red today and listening to it now
emotion-2.gif
Big thanks to everyone for their input.

Found the process of changing the cartridge over a bit nerve racking at the time of doing it (especially removing the wires from the OM5 - they were on pretty tight and could just see that all going to pot!), but got there in the end.

I have placed the cartridge as far forward on the tonearm head as it will go (as was the OM5) and aligned the cartridge with an alignment protractor downloaded from 'tinternet.ÿ

Am noticing some distortion in the treble on the last track of any record I play (well, the 3 I've played so far). Would this indicate a problem with the alignment, or do I need to give the cartridge/styli a chance to run-in?ÿ

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
The center of the record is where the cartridge geometry is at its worst ie; where the stylus tip has more change of not perpendicular to the record wall. This requires further adgustment of the cartridge position using your trusty protractor.

John Rogers from Ringmat once wrote an excellend article on cartridge set up. I'm not sure if it's still available but well worth trying to dig out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts