Cartridge for Rega RP6

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Think the Elys 2 would be a good choice, as no need to buy a spacer to raise the arm, but so would the AT95E with the spacer and money left for LPs

Can't help thinking the RP6 needs a cartrdige >£200

stevebrock said:
Think the Elys 2 would be a good choice, as no need to buy a spacer to raise the arm, but so would the AT95E with the spacer and money left for LPs

Can't help thinking the RP6 needs a cartrdige >£200

+1 that turntable deserves the best cartridge you can afford. If that is your budget then the Elys is best option.

Personally I'd try and save a bit more for a Nagaoka MP-150.

dwezil2

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I went for a P6 and Elys2 as I wanted to have a direct comparison between my old Manticore Mantra and the P6. Happy to say that the P6 surprised me with its improved bass and mid-range clarity. Still have the P6/Elys2 and yes some will think that the Elys2 is a little laid back, but others will see it as refined and better across a broader range, which I do. I have used the Ortofon 2M Blue too, which is better for rock and a more up-front presentation.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Hello, i have the RP3 which had the Elys 2, no, had a 2m red knocking about, better, then i took a chance on a Shure M97ex.

Miles better, trust me, for the money it's an absolute steal, an Exact 2 with it's vital line stylus may be better but the Shure has nude profile which really digs into the grove and it just keeps getting better the more it breaks in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts