cartridge compliance and tonearm mass

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
The trichord is already set up.I done it last night.lol I'll need to wait until the wifes went to bed if I'm fitting it tonight(or she'll twig I've been spending money on hi-fi again),although there is a rather tasty looking football match on the TV.
The game starts at eight, if she's in bed that early you're overworking the poor gal. *bad*

Mark Rose-Smith said:
The trichord is already set up.I done it last night.lol I'll need to wait until the wifes went to bed if I'm fitting it tonight(or she'll twig I've been spending money on hi-fi again),although there is a rather tasty looking football match on the TV.

Tasty? Football? Don't get me going. Now Rugby might be a different matter. Whatever, you don't want to be attempting it at any time that could be considered stressful. ;-)

Lost Angeles said:
Mark Rose-Smith said:
The game starts at eight, if she's in bed that early you're overworking the poor gal. *bad*

Perhaps he's got her doing double shifts to pay for his new toy...... :)

I like watching a bit of six nations also Al,but our team ain't doing to well lately.probably end up with the wooden spoon again.lol.oh and the cart is on and it sounds very clean and I'll get a good listen over the weekend . hopefully.the Mrs is in bed around nine guy's she's up at 4.00 for her work.And the sale of my old 1 expression with 2m blue and phono box se is helping fund the at cart.ok a double shift or two won't hurt eh?lol.

Mark Rose-Smith said:
I like watching a bit of six nations also Al,but our team ain't doing to well lately.probably end up with the wooden spoon again.lol.oh and the cart is on and it sounds very clean and I'll get a good listen over the weekend . hopefully.the Mrs is in bed around nine guy's she's up at 4.00 for her work.And the sale of my old 1 expression with 2m blue and phono box se is helping fund the at cart.ok a double shift or two won't hurt eh?lol.

All in jest Mark. I know what it's like as my missus frequently starts a five. Hopefully hear back on your thoughts after the weekend.

FKA twigs.lp1 is sounding very nice.the at is doing things my previous 2m blue can only dream of...it's the silence that I'm very impressed with.if you know what I mean.And the stylus looks so much more delicate.need to take great care with this one me thinks.after a few beers it'll be back on to cd's or Spotify.

Mark Rose-Smith said:
FKA twigs.lp1 is sounding very nice.the at is doing things my previous 2m blue can only dream of...it's the silence that I'm very impressed with.if you know what I mean.And the stylus looks so much more delicate.need to take great care with this one me thinks.after a few beers it'll be back on to cd's or Spotify.

I am the same although like a glass of red wine with my vinyl, however, after the first it's away with vinyl and out with CD's / downloads. :)

Put it down to bitter experience..... farewell Zyx........

D

Deleted member 108165

No alcohol necessary in my case as a nice cup of tea is my only poison. Ignorance, OCD, ham-fisted, and hands like a bunch of banana's have always been the reasons behind any stylus demise of mine. *biggrin*

DougK said:
No alcohol necessary in my case as a nice cup of tea is my only poison. Ignorance, OCD, ham-fisted, and hands like a bunch of banana's have always been the reasons behind any stylus demise of mine. *biggrin*
Luckily I never suffered that fate. I was nervous when I bought a relatively compliant and high cost Denon mc a few years back (well, OK, it must have been in the early 80s). It was a DL-303 I think, in a SME 3009 series 3, the s-shaped one. I was a dab hand at cartridge fitting back then, but that still needed care, though with an amazing removeable arm tube.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts