Cardas Golden Presence I/C

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Sorry Joel. Hadn't even heard of one until two minutes ago.
emotion-8.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You have now.

I think I may be able to get one for a good price, going to test it against the Heimdall and sell the loser.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Oh to inhabit the rarified heights of audio you do Joel.
emotion-5.gif

Ah it won't cost me anything. I'll sell them on and make more money than I would have got in the bank.

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
JoelSim:Anyone heard one?

You won't hear anything, they don't make any noise.

Anyway, you could upset Shiva and Vishnu, they may pine for Heimdel.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
SonofSun:
JoelSim:Anyone heard one?

You won't hear anything, they don't make any noise.

Anyway, you could upset Shiva and Vishnu, they may pine for Heimdel.

Possibly, we will see. (Bait not taken).

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
SonofSun:Fair play to you sir, enjoy the cable.

I may do, if I buy it and it sounds better than the Heimdall I shall keep it, and sell the Heimdall on. If not I will sell the Cardas on.

A

Anonymous

I am currently using Cardas Golden Reference XLR ICs between CDP (Marantz SA11)-Pre and Pre-Power (BAT VK-42 - VK250). My speakers (MA PL300) show significant difference when I A/B compare GR with other ICs currently sitting on my shelves (Atlas Navigator XLR, Kimber Hero XLR). The sound with all GR ICs in the signal path is much clearer, instruments are well separated and detail is first class. To be fair, GR is also a more expensive IC.

High frequencies are coming very crisp, razor sharp out of PL300 ribon tweeter with GR ICs. I may even try to insert Cardas Golden Cross speaker cable (or something similar) to "unsharpen" the high frequencies just a little bit. It is not that the sound is bright, not at all, but I could do with some fine tuning to suit better my music taste and age :) My current speaker cables are Kimber 8TC, biwired, again less expensive then Golden Cross.

The bass and midrange are just perfect with GR in my system. I certainly had ICs that gave me more quantity of bass, but I have never heard such a good bass definition and resolution in my current setup. My room is far from perfect (marble floor, a lot of bare walls and glass) and GR swiftly removed slight boominess in the bass that big PL300 speakers are famous of in a not-so-perfect or not-so-huge room.

When I put back one Atlas Navigator XLR instead of either GR XLR IC, the sound becomes too soft and with insufficient resolution, so I do prefer the GR by a large margin. I can notice the difference clearly.

The Golden Presence should be having the same character as GR due to very similar construction (see Cardas Web site). These are all copper cables. Hope this experience helps, regards from Abu Dhabi.

A

Anonymous

I purchased mine recently used from Audiogon, $560 each for GR 1m XLR, including shipping to UAE, where I currently live as an expatriate. This is approximately a half of the new price. If you are buying used, ask for the Certificate of Authenticity (hope that spelling is OK), because there are fakes around, especially with older gray heat shrinks. Every Cardas cable must have one. Good luck and tell us the results later.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts