Captain Phillips and Gravity are rubbish!

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I haven't seen Interstellar, but from what I hear, it's a bit of a modern day Armageddon. And we all know how realistic that is...

And also based on what I've heard, Interstellar didn't do well at the awards because it's not very good.

I guess some people just won't experience it properly if they haven't seen it on the big screen in 3D. And I'm not talking about 65" Samsungs. I don't know how well it came across in normal cinemas, but it was pretty amazing watching it in 3D on an IMAX screen, which really portrayed a sense of distance from the earth that I've never experienced in any other film. Probably the first film I've watched where I've suddenly realised I'm gripping the armrests of my seat. On a number of occasions.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
buzz_lightclick said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
I haven't seen Interstellar, but from what I hear, it's a bit of a modern day Armageddon. And we all know how realistic that is...

Probably better to comment on films you have seen, because you are embarrassing yourself with that comparison.

So it'd be ok for me to say that if I had seen it?

A

Anderson

Its okay. Keep going, at least if your out researching Interstellar to post links back here you'll be contained here or to busy to post anywhere else.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
macdiddy said:
In that I have films that I love but my friends hate, also I am a big fan of "world cinema" films but some of my friends won't watch them because they have subtitles on, very strange.

*unknw*

The WHF film club is a member short, you should consider popping into the thread
regular_smile.gif

D

Deleted member 116933

I think everyone should join!!!!! But you made my point about it not being grounded. But its still a lovely peice of film work done by one of the better directors at the moment. I think it just tried to explain its self to much.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Lol..... Great thread.

Gravity imo is a great showcase. The sound is superb, the 3d is well implemented - the shots above the earth in the background with its swirling clouds - the depth is impressive - some of the physics is off and the luck of Sandra raised my eyebrows.

The end left me exasperated too (I can see were if she was eaten by a crocodile at the end would have worked....) but still a good showcase of a movie in 2d & 3d.

I have not seen Captain Phillips yet, but I'm not a big fan of Hanks.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I gotta agree with Thompsonuxb , great sound , great picture , but story , not so much . I found myself unable to care what happened and who lived or died.

James

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts