cant trust blu ray feedback

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have just been trying to buy some music on blu ray
i have been looking at some feedback on lovefilm

and on amazon and the reviews and feedback differ greatly some discs have 2 star review on lovefilm

and the same disc has 4 to five star reviews on amazon
so i wont use the reviews on either site so any recomendations would be most welcome

blu ray music concert discs please

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
dvdaudio:
i have just been trying to buy some music on blu ray
i have been looking at some feedback on lovefilm

and on amazon and the reviews and feedback differ greatly some discs have 2 star review on lovefilm

and the same disc has 4 to five star reviews on amazon
so i wont use the reviews on either site so any recomendations would be most welcome

blu ray music concert discs please

John Legend - Live at the House of Blues.

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
A spectacular music BD is David Gilmour, Remember that Night at Royal Albert Hall. This one's hard to find though as it seems the BD was a limited production run.

Also for pure system show off material John Mayer's Where the Light Is is great as well. Quite a few reviewers I really respect from American HT mags use it as a mainstay in testing any new system that comes through the doors.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Surely this will depend sometimes on whether someone likes the music or not, rather than any quality issues of the disc. For example, I quite often give bad reviews for films I rent on Lovefilm because I didn't like the film, nothing to do with the quality of the disc or not. This is because I rented the film because I didn't know if I'd like it or not. However, something I buy on Amazon I'm going to be already very sure I'll like, so if I give it a bad review, this is going to be down to something wrong with the presentation / quality as opposed to content.

So I'd suggest you read the reviews on Amazon / Lovefilm and see if people gave it a bad rating because they didn't like it, or because the quality etc. was bad and this should give you a better idea of whether that rating is valid to you or not.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I've reviewed a few Blu-rays on LoveFilm, and always comment on the picture & sound quality separately from whether or not I liked the film.

As professorhat says, a lot of people are commenting on the film and not how it appears on BD. I've even put comments on some Amazon reviews where someone has gone to great lengths to talk about the film, but said nothing about the BD quality (Bonnie & Clyde is a good example, one guy went on about how important a film it was, but didn't comment on the picture/sound at all *).

Also bear in mind that you have no idea how sophisticated/ignorant/stupid the reviewers are! (Er, present company excepted
emotion-2.gif
)

(* both good)

TRENDING THREADS