Can't decide between the Rotel A12 and Cambridge Audio CXA60.

BentInvest

Oct 8, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys, been lurking here a while so I thought I'd finally make my presence known. I'm looking to buy either the A12 or the CXA60 but having a hard time deciding. I realise the A12 is a bit of a jack of all trades with its added USB input and Phono Stage features over the CXA60 but I'd like some opinions from people who have owned either. I'm going to be pairing these with a pair of Usher X-718 speakers.

I realise the easiest way to get a feel for it is go into a store but that may not be a possibility as the CXA60 now has a successor.

For some context, I listen to a lot of hip hop, dance, electronic and RnB genres and I'll also be using the amp to watch Netflix. In other words, I care for audio quality. I also own a turntable which I'm not using currently and open to buying a phono preamp later on.

Opinions from previous experience are always welcome. Keen to see what you guys have to say. Cheers!

Last edited:
You don't mention what your source is going to be and I wouldn't pay for extra circuitry that I would never use. Having said that I like the way Rotel present power to speakers however, this will not really help in your choice
If they both have sufficient current delivery then there's nothing really to choose between them, as I am sure others will insist.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts