cannot watch vids from this years award winners

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I don't know if its just me but I can't seem to watch the 2011 award winners except the welcome to the awards 2011 video which plays ok, also nothing from the video tab plays either.

can anyone help me

im not sure if i need to do anything to my laptop to make the videos work.

kind regards

80s boy

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's a known issue with Internet Explorer 8 - there is a workaround (it's to do with how Microsoft handles cloud-based video*), but we're working on a more fundamental fix this morning. We'll update you when that happens!

* Details of the issue, and workaround, in this thread.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare

I thought it was something i was doing wrong.

can't wait to start watching the award winning vids.

On a different note is there a possibility of you guys reviewing the monitor audio RX2 speakers please.

80s boy

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
To confirm what Clare said, I've just approved a site update this morning which should fix the issue with videos not playing in IE. It should go live later today.

A

Anonymous

great thanks guys can now watch all the award 2011 winners.

still cannot watch anything on the video tab though bizzare?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep, we see it, too - CMS has managed to pull in random information from various reviews/stories and posted its own page. :wall:

Have informed web-tech types that an exorcism is required....

Good news is they have identified the issue that's preventing IE8 users watching news/reviews videos - this is on the fix list.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
In this instance, this is more appropriate:

IE-is-the-Devil1.png

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Indeed! CMS seems to have pulled in some tech specs I was entering for a review. Nothing to do with Awards whatsoever. It's possessed, I tell you...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts