Cancelling SKY for freesat Help!

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I just got myself a HUMAX FOXSAT PVR very happy with it, i thought i would cancell sky tv but i also have broadband and sky talk plus the line rental, sky are saying i cant just cancell Sky tv and i will lose the lot, is this true? i thought it was only if you took out the lot as part of the contract, i got broadband seperately.

If this is correct does anyone know a good deal on broadband, line rental etc..
i hate sky this is the reason why i want to cancel in the first place monopolising everyone and everything.

Thanks.

daveh75

Gazuk

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Have cancelled Sky in favour of freesat and also had the broadband.It is true if you cancel your subscription you lose your broadband as well.But they have actually done me a favour because with sky for broadband i had to have the connect package because of the distance from the exchange and it was £17.99 a month. Decided to go with O2 and because i have an account i can get the same broadband package for £9.99 a month with the first 3 months free!!

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I was looking at o2 today looks a good deal, but im not an 02 customer, although ive been thinking about a new mobile phone anyway but do you have to get pay as you go ? Also been considering talktalk but they have bad press but ive read they have improved and there phone/b,band package is 16.99 a month incl line rental, what do you think ?

A

Anonymous

I will just say dont bother with talk talk it doesent matter how cheep it is,if it doesent work there is no point having it and customer service is total waste of time....be warned....

A

Anonymous

Hi Bullit,

We have had freesat since last October,the reception is good for most channels,the quality of some of their additional rogrammes however is a matter of choice.We thought about the Humax but unfortunately it can't record Freeview or play DVDs so we stayed with a HDD recorder.We have had broadband with BT for 15months now and including the phone line rental, costs approx 30pounds a month.I know BT gets a lot of critisism but we have had no problems,the broadband speed is good, but I should point out that we are close to an exchange.My son has Sky, but it is a lot more expensive.You will probably get an introductory deal with BT and you can also say you are supporting British jobs since they are a major employer in this country.

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the info, i think im go to go with BETHERE which is part of 02https://www.bethere.co.uk/ (sorry no good with links)they do 3 packages £13.50, £17.50 and £21.50 all unlimited use the first package is 12mnth contract but the other two have know contract, just a 3 month notice to cancel.

Just some info i found on 02 if your not an 02 customer like me you can by a sim card and just top it up every 3 mnths this entitles you to the same offers.

Sorry for talking about IPs on here but it is relevant to Humax freesat/cancelling sky ect..

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Tallyho:
Also look at www.virginmedia.com

They're doing some very good packages and Virging are in the process of upgrading to allow much faster internet speeds

Let's hope so - they upgraded the cable in my street about 6 years ago, but it's still not good enough for there fastest broadband packages (according to their website).
emotion-7.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts