Can you delete your Own profile

• Thread starter QuestForThe13thNote
  • Start date
Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I’d like to delete my profile now because I’ve had enough of this forum. Can you do it yourself.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Ill have a word with what hi Fi.

This is my last post I think, and will stick to it.

This forum isn’t good for wellbeing, it’s a waste of time I think, and there are better things to do.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
I’d like to delete my profile now because I’ve had enough of this forum. Can you do it yourself.

Quest, don’t do that. I’ve been there a few times myself so I know how you feel. Get a good night of sleep and come back refreshed tomorrow. It’s taken me a while to “get” you and I’d miss you if you left.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Stick around quest, and keep standing your ground, you're doing well here from what I can see and I've seen a lot of people take you the wrong way. It must seem like people ganging up on you. Not cool.

Don't try to be other people's psychologist tho, that will take up way too much time. We all need that time spent being our own. My two cents.

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
I enjoy reading your commentary - it's informative and entertaining.

It's just a forum (and a hi fi one at that ... We aren't saving the world).

Anyway, I'm so toying with the idea of getting some PMCs so no doubt will be looking for advice :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Kubs said:
Jeeez - I've just noticed I've been a member for over a decade (11 years) and I'm still here :)

Can anyone top that?

That's about 20 posts a year. Impressive restraint.

Perhaps Quest should take a leave out of your book.

It's not necessary to argue everything to death over and over IMHO.

Some very good points made by him even though the same could have been achieved with a tenth of the volume :)

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
If Quest is serious about this hobby, I would recommend staying away from HiFi magazines and this forum and to go buy a book on basic audio circuit theory.

Having a few basic facts would allow him to cut through 90% of the nonsense written about HiFi and the never ending stream of questionable advertisements.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
andyjm said:
If Quest is serious about this hobby, I would recommend staying away from HiFi magazines and this forum and to go buy a book on basic audio circuit theory.

I have a small selection of ‘classic’ books about loudspeaker design (Gilbert Briggs, Ed Villchur) but nothing like what you are prescribing for audio electronics. Can you provide some titles or links please? Preferably something for the electronics layman/beginner.

Thanks.

S

SemiChronic

Its happened again . .

Quest, you might aswell stay, otherwise all youre gonna do is sign up again to other forums that youve already been booted from.

To be fair youve had a good run here with your rants and personal attacks, admin arent bothered, carry on >>>

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

andyjm said:

Having a few basic facts would allow him to cut through 90% of the nonsense written about HiFi and the never ending stream of questionable advertisements.

i stay away from the complete diatribe of stuff written about hi Fi, and getting overly intertwined in theory and technicalities, as it tends to be that those that are in that game, that debate it to the death and where there is never ending views on forums, to the extent where it becomes a technical debate rather than one relating to how the damn thing Sounds. A lot of the time they are not the same. How it sounds seems to be a much better measure of good hi Fi no matter what’s in it. For example one manufacturer telling me that their product is superior for x reason, only for me to prefer another make. The acid test is what it sounds like and you don’t have to know basic circuit design to know a lot about hi Fi. Even if I’d be honest to say i May be latching onto marketing hyperbole some of the time, at least the sound test is what breaks or confirms the deal. If you so believe in something because you are set by a technical explanation, you are less flexible to my ideal. I just love great hi Fi and great music. That’s 80 percent it. The 20 percent of technical nonsense doesn’t interest me at all, as music is much more universal. I prefer much more honest debate about good hi Fi not getting into technicalities. But as the title implies you think that ‘this hobby’ requires an understanding of technicalities. I’d challenege that. First off music doesn’t. By doing that you make it elitist. As music and hi Fi is universal to all. Second I’m not in it as a hobby, but to faithfully reproduce and listen to music. It’s somewhat ironic tour approach too, as my ideal is what what hi Fi are all about. Good music but cut all the unnessary technicalities. Keep it to the basics etc.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

SemiChronic said:
Its happened again . .

Quest, you might aswell stay, otherwise all youre gonna do is sign up again to other forums that youve already been booted from.

To be fair youve had a good run here with your rants and personal attacks, admin arent bothered, carry on >>>

isnt this a personal attack to say this stuff. If I said that I know you’ve been removed from a forum, what message does that send on here? You are making idiotic point scoring points.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
andyjm said:

Having a few basic facts would allow him to cut through 90% of the nonsense written about HiFi and the never ending stream of questionable advertisements.  

I'd be interested in those.
I too find it curious that what are basically boxes full of similar components connected in a similar way can sound different & some cost ten times more than others.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Let me try and explain in a basic way with pictures it might make it easier for you to understand

GDcEuel.jpg

5NxQQ7p.jpg

which one is £3000 and which one is £1000 based on what’s in it?

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

How about this one between two musical fidelity amps of same series. See if you can see which ones more expensive

dsrnmxZ.jpg

TydTVuK.jpg

D

Deleted member 108165

Those copper doughnuts are expensive *biggrin*

subwoofersteve

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
Let me try and explain in a basic way with pictures it might make it easier for you to understand

dont care to be honest.both play music..yes?....if i can tap my foot im ok

which one is £3000 and which one is £1000 based on what’s in it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts