Can this be done?

Robertjg

Jan 25, 2021
Visit site
I have a Sony STRDN1080, which is fabulous. I have a Samsung TV, and I have a Sony HT G700 Soundbar.
As part of another set up, I have some Ruark MR1 speakers.
What I'd like to do is have the sound through both the sound bar, and the speakers.
Given the considerable capabilities of the Sony home cinema receiver, what's the best approach to such a set up.
Hope one of you knowledgeable peeps out there might know.
Cheers

jjbomber

It's a bit nebulous. Are the Ruark MR1s in a different set-up in a different room, or do you wish to add them to the soundbar system?
Do you want to send a Bluetooth signal to the Ruarks? Do you want them wired to the Sony? Or do you already have them wired to another amp?

Robertjg

Jan 25, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for responding to my question.

The Ruark speakers are in the same room. I want to add them to the sound bar system, use them and the sound bar together.

I would prefer them wired to the Sony. I think that would give me more reliable sound.
I'm hoping that it's feasible to take the sound output from the TV, into the Sony, and from there, to the Soundbar and the Ruarks. Given the outstanding flexibility of the Sony Receiver (one of the reasons I bought it) I'm hoping that rigging it for this setup should be do-able.

jjbomber

My guess is that a set of speakers in stereo and a set in 3.1 channel will sound worse. They will be competing with each other, rather than complimenting each other. As you already have the equipment, just wire it in and listen. If you wire them in and they're better, so be it. Give it a go.

Robertjg

Jan 25, 2021
Visit site
That was my thinking too - that they would sound worse.
I used to be very knowledgeable in audio tech - about 30 years ago, but I'm very aware how much the electronics involved have evolved.
I shall give it a wirl, and if it doesn't sound better, revert to the original setup.
That's really useful. Thanks bud.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts