• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Can the ipod touch connect wirelessly to your home network

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
matengawhat:Can the ipod touch connect wirelessly to your home network to play music straight off itunes?

I doubt it because it's a well known issue that you can't take a digital feed from an ipod. I might be wrong though.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
i've got a wadia so thats not a problem - i know you can use it to control i tunes as a remote with th squeezbox but just wondered if it could play them through its internal dac or more importantly output the raw digital information

rod1429

May 10, 2009
Why not try an Ariport Express - approx £80 & will stream itunes to your hifi via a 3.5mm to rca cable or toslink(with 3.5 adaptor) to your DAC.

You can then use the remote app on the touch to control the Itunes & select device or computer etc.

John Duncan

Jan 8, 2008
It can, yes. I use the free 'Airfoil Speakers Touch' app because I already have Airfoil but I think also that 'Simplify Media' does the same sort of thing without the airfoil client, so is much cheaper, but I haven't tried it. Though for £3.49 it's probably worth a punt for you...

EDIT - though having just started streaming Spotify to my iPod, getting a lot of breakup (my wireless network is being trunky lately)

John Duncan

Jan 8, 2008
Yes. Airfoil will stream any audio from your PC, not just iTunes content (BBC Radio and Spotify for starters). But look at Simplify Media if you just want to play files from your library.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts