Can the ipod touch connect wirelessly to your home network

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:Can the ipod touch connect wirelessly to your home network to play music straight off itunes?

I doubt it because it's a well known issue that you can't take a digital feed from an ipod. I might be wrong though.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i've got a wadia so thats not a problem - i know you can use it to control i tunes as a remote with th squeezbox but just wondered if it could play them through its internal dac or more importantly output the raw digital information

rod1429

May 10, 2009
Visit site
Why not try an Ariport Express - approx £80 & will stream itunes to your hifi via a 3.5mm to rca cable or toslink(with 3.5 adaptor) to your DAC.

You can then use the remote app on the touch to control the Itunes & select device or computer etc.

John Duncan

It can, yes. I use the free 'Airfoil Speakers Touch' app because I already have Airfoil but I think also that 'Simplify Media' does the same sort of thing without the airfoil client, so is much cheaper, but I haven't tried it. Though for £3.49 it's probably worth a punt for you...

EDIT - though having just started streaming Spotify to my iPod, getting a lot of breakup (my wireless network is being trunky lately)

TRENDING THREADS