Question Can I connect 6ohm speakers to 8 to 16 ohm amp

Gray

I'm guessing that your speakers have a 'nominal' 6 ohm rating.

Another guess is that your amp's 8-16 ohm rating will be because it has 2 sets of speaker outputs.

If both the above are true, then yes is your answer.
(For a single pair of 6 ohm nominal).

Last edited:
Reactions: nopiano and Al ears

Del

Aug 1, 2023
Visit site

Another guess is that your amp's 8-16 ohm rating will be because it has 2 sets of speaker outputs.

I’ve just found the spec sheet for the amp.Technics SU-X911 about 30 years old.
was considering the Dali spector 2 speakers.Just set it up after years stored away and want better sound speakers for small room.The Dali has excellent reviews

Gray

I’ve just found the spec sheet for the amp.Technics SU-X911 about 30 years old.
was considering the Dali spector 2 speakers.Just set it up after years stored away and want better sound speakers for small room.The Dali has excellent reviews
I see the amp has the (less than ideal) springclip speaker terminals - just means you're limited to thinner type bare wire cable (or 2 to 4mm adaptor plugs), no real problem.

Dali do quote 6 ohm nominal, which is just a more realistic rating for what others might describe as an 8 ohm speaker.
(Impedance is not fixed once the music hits).

You can't go wrong by following the golden rule; Keep volume level set for clean sound. Any audible distortion means amp and / or speakers (and ears) are suffering.

Del

Aug 1, 2023
Visit site

Gray
Thank you very much for your input.
Much appreciated.

Reactions: Gray and Al ears

TRENDING THREADS