can the 5 surround speakers & sub from the sony dav-is10 be hooked up to another dvd player (asap reply needed plz!!)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi

as my catchy subject heading suggests my mate want's to sell me the the 5 surround speakers & sub from the sony dav-is10, which is the system i wanted but he has broken the dvd player itself. So can i buy the sub and satiltes and link it up to another dvd player or even direct to my pana th-42px80.. ive been given an hour to decide me or my mate know if this can be done

many thanks!!!

A

Anonymous

You cant link the speakers direct to your telly or another dvd player.

What you should be able to do through is if he gives you the dav-is10 unit itself even through the dvd player is broken you should still be able to use the amplifier part to power the speakers and then connect another dvd player via a optical cable

A

Anonymous

cheers, when i said broken i should have said destoryed and binned dont ask how!!.... is there any other options?

A

Anonymous

well you could buy a new receiver but it might be a bit overkill with those speakers. Go to richer sounds website they got a yamaha 5.1 receiver for £120 or an even better cambridge audio 340r for £170. Should be ok aslong as you dont crank up it up to high, then you could upgrade the speakers at a later stage.

A

Anonymous

cheers, i asumming that i can then link this up to a another dvd player inturn ... many thanks

A

Anonymous

yep and it will give you much better performance than the sony system in the long run once you have upgraded the speakers

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You realise the DAV-IS10 has its own proprietary connection method. So, although you can probably chop the speaker cables and bare wire them, I'm not sure how you would connect up the sub to a standard amp...

A

Anonymous

ah
emotion-16.gif
just bought it ... no turning back now ... would it hook up to another sony receiver ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts